Chapter 50

"Hey pretty lady, give me some of that cake
I'd like to place an order, ooh, I just wanna taste, and ooh I'd hate to wait
Lay your body down all over my plate
Once I blow the candles out, put it in my face
So tell me you gon' serve it up nice
The customer's always right, baby

Cake - Trey Songz

Janae

"Sorry I'm late"

I said as I approached a table where Dave sat waiting for me. It was the week before Thanksgiving and we hadn't seen much of one another for about the last two weeks. I was finally free this Wednesday afternoon from classes so he decided to take me out for lunch.

I bent down and pecked his lips before taking a seat only to see his face scrunched up.

"Yes?" I chuckled.

"Should I even order lunch?" He asked.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"You out here looking like a meal" he sat back and laughed.

"Oh god, there's never a dull moment with you is there?"

"Not at all, what took you so long?"

"Labs, I didn't think it would take that long but I literally had to redo one procedure which throws off the entire project" I sighed.

"You got to lab dressed like that?" He asked me.

I always dressed up for school, made me feel like I was going to have a good day if I looked good.

I began to laugh and shook my head yes.

"I always dress up when I'm not in scrubs"

"I see that" he eyed me.

"Don't do that! It makes me uncomfortable" I shook my head blushing.

"You really beautiful Jay, you should know that" he looked up from the menu.

"Thank you babe" I smiled.

"So what's up? What are your plans for thanksgiving ?" I asked him.

"Nothing really been going on, finishing up my mix tape finally! I'm going out of town after the holiday"

"Awesome, when are you dropping the tape?"

"Sometime before Christmas"

"I'm excited, been wanting to listen to it"

"I'm sure" he smirked.

"Where you going out of town?"

"Miami"

The waiter finally walked over and we placed our order, I could finally have a drink after these past few weeks.

"Could I come with you ? I never been to Miami as an adult" I laughed, even though I knew he would say no and I had finals.

"As much as I would love to take you along, I can't. Not that kind of trip love"

"Oh, it's a work trip"

"Yup"

"What you're gonna do out there?"

"Work" he laughed.

"I know but why in Miami"

I could tell he didn't like me asking him questions, especially since we were in public. But he sat up in his seat and looked at me.