24 . Stenches and Growls. (Zayden's POV)

Stenches and Growls

Zayden's POV :

The cut in my arm wouldn't heal even after an hour and the sting of silver burning up my flesh made me grit my teeth to prevent the screams of pain from escaping. I didn't want my mate's mother thinking I was a pussy. Not that they were weak or anything. They only made a man weak. Fuck. The silver is making me loopy. I swear I'm not like this.

Speaking of my mate's mother, she hadn't spoken a word in the presence of Espona but kept her angry eyes trained on her. If looks could kill, she would be sixty feet under, in hell. And I would be right alongside her if she knew my ex-intentions with her daughter. Although, I'm pretty sure that I would be struck between fear and lust if her daughter were to give me one of those looks. Cause angry chicks are hot. Angry Ionora is even hotter. But if I ever were to act upon my lust, I was pretty sure that she wouldn't leave my balls in one piece. Or should I say two pieces, since you know I have two - Never mind.

After about twenty minutes of useless gum smacking and heel clicking, Espona finally gets up and leaves, but not before telling the guards outside to make sure 'the dogs don't leave their cage'.
I wish I could say I growled viciously and threatened to rip her apart, but that would only prove her words. Besides, I was too weak from the silver and wanted to save my energy for her witch of a boyfriend. And if I was a dog, that made her a bitch. A bitch and a witch. What a match made in heaven!

Oh God. I was going crazy.

Speaking of crazy, Ionora wasn't here yet. I wondered if she even felt my pain. If she did, was she trying to find and help me? Or was she cackling evilly in her head and thinking of leaving me for dead? Probably the latter. But a man can dream. It's not like she could survive without her mate for long. Her wolf was probably driving her crazy already. For as long as she wanted to live, she would have to save me.

Fuck.

That sounded so unmanly. So let me rephrase that.

Help me get the fuck out of here. There. Better.

If I was her, I would choose death over you.
Ryder put in his two cents.

Whose side are you on?
I enquired, irritated that my own wolf was taking her side.

I have no idea, but not your side for sure.

Thanks.
I reply with all the sarcasm I could muster.

Ryder sounded weak, probably due to the silver but he was holding on due to the alpha blood in him. Sadly, that wasn't enough to save ourselves.

You know, we should probably be thinking of ways to get out of here.

What? Why?
Ryder asked, like I just suggested getting my eyebrows shaved.

What do you mean 'What? Why? '
Has the absence of your mate made you lose your brains because I'm not rotting here for the rest of my life.

Do you have so little faith in our mate? She would surely come to save us.
Ryder told me, his voice shocked like he didn't believe that I wasn't even considering the possibility of her coming. Before I could reply, he cut me off,

She would come to save me, at least. So you're welcome.
He sasses.

You are delusional, you know that? Completely and utterly delusional. Why on earth would she risk her life to save someone who was going to use her? And even if the crazy ball of fire did plan on saving us, where is she? Did she get lost in the woods or something? Or did she stop for a manicure along the way? Tell me. Where the hell is she?
I ranted in my head, waiting to hear him scramble around for an answer.