Chapter Thirty

ANAIS

"Niccolo Xavier Lavigne." I heard Cookie's name being called out.

"That's my son!" Coco excitedly said, almost jumping out of his seat. He turned his head to me with a proud smile on his face. "You heard that, Anais? Cookie natin iyon."

I nodded my head, teary eyed. He had to pull me up my chair. I walked to the stage with shaky legs. I still couldn't believe my son's already a big boy now. Parang kailan lang baby pa siya, ngayon gagraduate na siya ng kindergarten. Coco and I walked up the stage and our little boy marched up the stage in his blue graduation gown and cap.

"Niccolo wants to be a monster truck driver when he grows up. His favorite cartoon is Paw Patrol and his birthday is his favorite day of the year. He is the boy scout of the year, best in Math, best in English, and most of all our little Valedictorian." Said his teacher as the principal handed him his graduation certificate. Sinabitan siya ng apat na medalya.

Coco bent one leg down to give our son a kiss on the forehead and he hugged him.

"You did a great job, baby." Mahinang bulong ko ng yakapin namin siya.

"Your Mommy and I are so proud of you." Pinugpog ni Coco ang anak namin ng halik.

The three of us posed for a picture before getting off the stage.

"Ang galing naman ng baby ko." Coco kissed him on the side of his head, our son sitting on his lap. "Manang-mana ka talaga sa Dada."

"Kay Papa Nick." He corrected. "Mama Cassie said you got sent to different schools for doing stupid things."

"She said that?" Coco feigned shock.

"Mmhm!" He nodded his head. "Tapos sabi ni Mama Cassie smart daw si Papa Nick lalo na sa math. And I got the best in math medal! Mama Cassie said Papa Nick and Tito Miggy went to Hogwart, she said it's a special school for smart people. I want to go there someday."

"It's Harvard, baby." I corrected, giggling. We just watched the movie Harry Potter last week and he'd probably mixed it up "Hogwarts is a school for Wizards."

"Oh right..." He nodded his head. "I want to go to Harvard like Tito Miggy and Papa Nick."

"That's good. Kaya kailangan mag-aral kang mabuti." Sabi ni Coco.

"My teacher says I'm smart. I always get perfect scores on my exam and quiz."

"Oo naman. Kaya ka nga valedictorian." Coco smiled.

"Mr and Mrs Lavigne." Cookie's teacher came up to us after the program.

"Just Ms. Lavigne and Daddy's not a Lavigne." He said and leaned over to his teacher. "You want to know why?"

"Why?" The teacher chuckled curiously.

"Caaause Papa Axel told me they're not married. Mrs is what you call a married woman. She's a Ms. Lavigne. Mama Val is the Mrs. Lavigne." He corrected.

I massaged my temples, feeling kind of embarrassed. Kung anu-anong sinasabi ni Dad kay Cookie, alam niya naman na walang preno ang bibig ng apo niya. "I'm sorry."

"Okay lang. He's a very smart little boy. Nakakatuwa nga." The teacher said.

"They can't get married because they're just bestfriends. They had me when they were really young. Hindi ba sabi mo sa akin iyon, Dada?" He asked.

Coco sighed with a slight embarrassed look. "I did but you don't have to tell that to people."

"Napakabibo at talino talaga ng anak niyo. Makulit nga lang sa klase minsan at akala mo hindi nakikinig pero pagdating sa mga tests palaging perfect." Kwento ng teacher niya. Obvious naman kung saan niya nakuha ang kakulitan niya.