3. A Bed of Roses

CHAPTER – 3

LOVE ISN'T... A BED OF ROSES

"Snake?" I asked in utter confusion as I stared at her, wondering if she was in her senses as she definitely didn't look like she was okay.

Her eyes widened even more and she looked down at my couch, where she was standing currently. Shutting her eyes, she murmured something to herself, which I couldn't understand.

"What?" I waited for her to make sense of her weird actions which were doing nothing in making my already burdened mind lighten up even a bit.

She lifted her shoulders, probably trying to shrug and stepping down from my dear couch all at the same time. "Oh... nothing. I just asked because snakes and I usually don't get along very well. Trust me, they are so scared of me that whenever they hear that I'm in a city, they slither their way out of the damn town. They just can't stand me and my strong personality," she blabbered as if she was talking science and knew exactly what she was talking about.

'What the actual f*ck is wrong with her?' I wondered and was about to say out loud, but didn't. Instead, I chose to say, "You sure do have a hell amount of imagination for a writer." 'And I hope you have an equal amount of understanding of sarcasm,' I mentally added.

"How do you know that I'm a writer?" she asked and took a step towards me, as if I wasn't supposed to have even an ounce of knowledge about her.

True, I didn't have even an ounce of knowledge about her in these four months, but now she was here... in my apartment. Of all the places I could have seen her, met her, it had to be my own apartment. And it was awful that I still couldn't get over this little fact. I took a few steps towards her, which made her step back. Leaning closer to her, I couldn't help but recall that night, when I had her so close to me... Ordering myself to stay focused and not getting lost in her eyes, I whispered, "Because I have been stalking you for a couple of months and I have been waiting for you to acknowledge my existence in this huge world." I, just for the joy of watching her surprised expressions, exaggerated my actions of last four months. I was so not a stalker! I was just an artist who was searching for his muse. Searching, not stalking!

As expected, her eyes widened dramatically, and I stopped myself from laughing at her. Instead, I rolled my eyes at her in complete hopelessness and mumbled, "Such a hopeless romantic. Simply pathetic." With that, I turned around, made my way towards my bedroom, and finished my grand exit by shutting the door with a loud bang.

Locking the door behind, I let out a sigh that I had been holding for long. Throwing my head back I ran my hand over my face. This was f*cking unbelievable! While I was busy evaluating and trying to understand the situation, she started shouting from the other side of the door, "Open the door, you idiot. What are you doing inside? Is this some way of treating a guest?" I closed my eyes tightly.

Couldn't she understand that the only motive of coming inside my room was that I wanted to make sense of everything that was happening peacefully? Going by the speed at which she was banging my door, I concluded that no, she wasn't that brilliant. Letting out a tired sigh, I rushed towards the music player that had been last used about a month ago and immediately hit play after switching it on. "Just open the-" Her yells were now covered by the loud music of some singer whose CD Harry had brought some time back.

For both of us, it was oddly satisfying to listen to CDs in the world of internet.

I knew that I was being nothing but an a*s to Liana, but I couldn't help it. I needed time to be alone and get a grip over the situation, my actions, reactions, and just about everything. What else could I do? Could I just go and tell her that, 'Hey, remember the night when you came to know that your f*cked up boyfriend was cheating on you? Well, we almost had sex that night. Yep, sounds cool, right?'