9 | on the hunt for answers

JUNGKOOK chased down Taehyung the following morning. He had finally grabbed a hold of Tae's arm after chasing him half way down the courtyard of the school. He put his hands on his knees as he breathed in big gulps of air.

"Oh, hi Jungkook?" Taehyung tilted his head curiously, looking like a puppy.

"I-I wanted-" Jungkook paused, swallowing another breath of air, "I wanted to ask you something."

"Something?"

"Something related to medicine."

"Oh okay, I can't promise that I'll know but I might." Taehyung looked at the younger expectantly, "What is it?"

"Yesterday around two in the morning, Jimin woke up screaming in pain." Jungkook paused, watching as someone looked away from them and lowered his voice, "He was in tears and asked for some pain killers. He was holding his wrist and I noticed it's the same hand that usually acts all weird- I don't know if you noticed that but-"

"I have." Taehyung nodded.

"Anyway, I was just wondering if you might have any ideas on what it is?"

Taehyung racked his brain for any possible answers, "Well it could be a mild case of Tourettes. It's probably more likely to be an essential tremor."

"But is he suppose to be in pain like that?"

"He could be." Taehyung nodded. "Anyway, those are just what it could be. He could've just had a muscle cramp- those things hurt like a bitch."

"Yeah, okay, thanks Taehyung." Jungkook smiled, turning to walk away.

"Hey, Jungkook?"

"Yeah?" He turned his head back to look at Taehyung.

"Remember; I'm not a doctor."

"Yeah, I got it."

Jungkook smiled and turned, walking back to his dorm room. It was pretty early since he knew Taehyung had morning classes, unlike himself who believed in afternoon classes like a religion. He was ready to just fall asleep while walking, but no matter how tired he felt he knew he wouldn't be able to fall asleep, especially not with the information he got from Taehyung.

He made it back to the dorm ten minutes later, unlocking the door only to nearly have a heart attack when he almost ran into Jimin.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me!" Jungkook breathed, holding his right hand over his heart.

"S-Sorry, I didn't k-kn-know you'd be coming back." Jimin smiled sheepishly, "I th-thought you were with H-Hani."

"No she uh-" Jungkook paused suddenly realizing the close proximity between the two. He swore he could feel Jimin's breath fanning across his cheek, "She works in the mornings."

"Oh." Jimin muttered.

Jungkook cleared his throat and stepped aside Jimin, entering the room. He began to hang his coat up on a chair, "So, where are you going?"

"I was g-going to get so-some coffee and meet up with T-T-Taehyung, wanna c-come?"

"Uh, yeah sure," Jungkook nodded, then looked down at his clothing- an old high school t-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts, "Let me shower first, I went for a run."

"I c-can tell, you're al-all sweaty."

Jungkook blushed lightly, slightly embarrassed since he probably smelt terrible and he was sweating from five minutes of running. He really needed to exercise more, he's losing his touch.

"Okay, I'm gonna go shower."

"I'll w-wait for you." Jimin responded, closing the door and sitting down on his bed, pulling out his phone.

Jungkook nodded and grabbed a towel and some fresh, more suitable clothes and entered into the bathroom. He leaned against the door and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.