Writer

You're gonna have to work with me here since in this one wizards use the Internet

E/C: Eye color

H/C: Hair color

L/N: Last name

Hope you like it, a lot longer than I intended

You were the author of a book on magical herbs and their primary use. Your book had become a worldwide sensation the same time as another wizard's book had rose to fame. Newt Scamander, and his book, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. You and Newt had crossed paths once or twice, yes. Once you met Newt to ask him a few questions about if any of his herbivorous eat any of the plants you were studying. He gladly answered all of your questions and even took the time to ask you a few questions himself. That was all; nothing special or romantic.

But your fans wanted different.

Most of them thought you two would be the absolute perfect couple. You never thought

much of it. That is, until people began writing this weird stuff called "fan fiction" about you and Newt. #Y/N Scamander was everywhere. Being the curious individual you were, you read some of it. That was when you realized what a cute couple you two would actually be. Sure, you did think Newt was a bit cute. Okay... a lot. The beautiful cinnamon dusted curls, seafoam eyes, the adorable freckles that dotted his face...

As it turns out, Newt sees you the same way. Luscious H/C locks, sparkling E/C eyes, perfect everything. The last time you saw each other was a little over a month ago at a book signing.

Two days later, the Ministry sent out letters (by owl, of course) to selected people involved in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures from England containing information about a party being held at the Ministry of Magic. It also included a list of all others that were invited.

Newt's eyes scanned the list for your name, a glimmer of hope shown inside him even though you weren't a part of that department. Newt's heart sank a little when he saw your name wasn't there. But then, his eyes drifted to the bottom of the paper where it said:

You are permitted to bring a maximum of one guest with you.

It didn't take long for him to decide who he wanted to invite. None other than you, Y/N L/N. Newt figured writing a letter to ask you out was going to be much easier than asking you in person. He sat down at his messy desk in his case and dipped his quill in the large bottle of ink and began writing his letter to you.

Once Newt finished the squiggle of the 'R' in on his signature, he neatly placed the note in an envelope and finished it off with a red wax seal before giving it to his messenger owl to then deliver to you.

**Time skip to your house**

You were observing the plants you kept on the windowsill of your bedroom when an owl suddenly flew over causing you to jump a little and began 'tap tap tapping' on the window holding a letter between its beak. You opened the window, retrieved the letter, and the owl flew off.

"I wonder if it's more fan mail," you whispered to yourself. You sat at your desk and tore open the letter.

Dear Mrs. L/N,

I believe you are familiar with me: Newt Scamander. Recently I was invited to a party at the Ministry of Magic for members of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures on April 26. I am allowed to bring one guest to attend with me, and I would like that guest to be you. Please note that it is perfectly fine if you decline. However, if you do wish to come, please respond to this letter as soon as you get it.

Sincerely,

Newton Scamander.

You were blushing furiously even though it was nothing more than ink on a paper. Boy, did this man have beautiful handwriting. Of course your answer was yes.

Newt Scamander! Asked ME to attend an event at the Ministry with him! You thought.

You sat down on your desk and grabbed a piece of parchment from a stack you always had handy. You quickly wrote down your response and then gave it to your owl where she flew off to give it to Newt.

**Newt**

Newt was full of happiness when he saw your response.

Dear Mr. Scamander,

Yes, I will gladly attend the party with you! It will be very nice to be in your company again.

Thank you ever so much,

Y/N L/N.

**Time skip to the party**

Newt stood in the corner of the building to avoid the other many witches and wizards bustling about. Silver trays with fancy foods and drinks floated around to guests, but Newt turned down every one. He was too excited to see you. Never in a million years did he think you would agree to be his date.

Newt checked his pocket watch. It had been ten minutes since he had arrived, but you were still nowhere in sight.

Just a bit late, that's all. Newt reassured himself.

Just then, Newt heard the fast-paced click-clack of heels coming from his left. He turned around to see you, breathing heavier than normal.

"So sorry I'm late. I was planning to apparate straight here ten minutes ago but I lost my wand in my garden," you said.

Newt grinned at how cute you were. "A larger garden than most, I suppose?"

"Very," you responded, smiling.

"Did I mention you look beautiful, Miss L/N? Thank you so much for coming with me, by the way."

You smiled widely at Newt's comment. "And you look quite handsome, Mr. Scamander. But please, call me Y/N.

"Of course, Y/N. Call me Newt."

The two of you began making small talk about what had happened in your lives since you last saw each other. Newt told you about his new discoveries with his magical creatures; and you spoke about your garden and new plant hybrids you had been working on.

Eventually you decided to bring up the topic of fanfiction.

"Newt, have you ever heard of... fanfiction?" you asked cautiously.

He thought for a moment, then shook his head. "No, I don't believe I'm familiar with it. Could you please tell me?"

"So... it's basically that a lot of our fans have taken up a hobby of writing stories about the two of us and then putting them on the Internet."

"What kind of stories?" Newt asked, genuine curiosity evident in his voice.

"Well..." you paused. "They're about us... if we were... a couple."

Newt's eyes widened. "A couple?"

"Yeah..." you realized you had just made a huge mistake.

Or maybe not.

After a few moments, Newt reached down and took both of your hands in his. "Well... then maybe we should give the public what they want."

His eyes moved down to look at your lips for a brief second. You realized what he was going to do.

Newt leaned in, and gently pressed his lips to yours, one hand now on your waist. You kissed back, lightly stroking his hair. It only lasted a few seconds before you both pulled away. You were in a public place, after all.

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to do that," Newt said.

"Same here," you replied.

Newt brought his arm around your waist. "Maybe we should take this somewhere more... private?"

You nodded. "Agreed."