Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter

Coral's POV

"Wyatt!" I shout. "I want food! Hurry up!"

Wyatt laughs and comes down the stairs, he is wearing khaki pants and a blue button up shirt. His hair is neat and he looks adorable.

"You look beautiful," he says, taking my hand as we walk out our house.

I look down at my clothes with a frown. I'm in a plain white dress that isn't anything spectacular. "Wyatt, you do know we're just going out to get Chinese food...? I'm not wearing anything 'beautiful'," I say, laughing.

"Yeah, but you always look beautiful," he says and smiles, letting go of my hand so that we can both get in the car.

We drive off to the Chinese restaurant that is a few minutes away. I turn to look at Wyatt, a smile playing on my lips.

Wyatt and I have been dating for six years now. Every day feels like a dream because he is such an amazing boyfriend. Both of us have graduated, and now Wyatt has just become a cop and I am a doctor.

It's so hot when he comes home wearing his uniform. I just want to rip it off and jump on top of him, but most times I manage to hold myself back. Yup, it's definitely that uniform that makes me want to make out with him for hours when I see him. Maybe it's his lips too, he has really nice lips.

Six years with one person is a long time, but with Wyatt I am always learning and doing new things. Like the other day in this very car, Wyatt turned on the siren and we drove through all the red robots for no reason. But sometimes it's scary when he goes out for work and I worry about him getting hurt. Thousands of scenarios just run through my head of what could happen to Wyatt.

We climb out the car once we arrive at the restaurant, and we walk in, taking a seat at our usual booth. Recently I have been obsessed with this Chinese restaurant and every time Wyatt asks what I want, I would say Chinese food and so we come here a lot.

"Hey, guys! Are you having the usual?" the waiter asks, laughing. We both nod, and I smile, happy that I get to have Chinese again. I could eat here for the rest of my life and I would be perfectly happy. Wyatt also likes this place but his favorite place to go to is a steak house that's down the road from our house.

The food comes a bit later, and I thank my stomach for not growling in hunger. I didn't have time to eat breakfast or lunch because I had a long shift at the hospital and there was a girl who had a severe injury on her leg. Sometimes it's horrible looking at things like that, but I like helping people get better.

I ordered spinach and feta dim sums and Wyatt ordered the fried rice, like we always do.

Once we're done, Wyatt laughs. "Do you want any dessert? Or that stupid fortune cookie you always get?"

I nod and grin. "Fortune cookie." The fortune cookies here always have such cute messages inside them. Whoever writes out the fortunes inside these cookies is a very happy and nice person.

"Can we get a fortune cookie and a chocolate milkshake," Wyatt asks, smiling at the waiter. The waiter nods and walks off and Wyatt turns to me, the biggest smile on his face.

"Wyatt," I say and laugh. "Why are you smiling like that?"

He shrugs. "If not for a chocolate milkshake, nor for you, then do I not have a reason to smile?" he asks, raising his eyebrows and smiling at me teasingly.

I sigh. "Fine, smile, Joker," I say, shaking my head.

"Let's get a smile on that face," he says the same way the joker say it in the movie. I grin, because Wyatt knows how much I have always loved the Joker.

The fortune cookie and the milkshake come, and I open the plastic packet, excited to see what else is going to happen in my future. I mean, I know most of it is bullshit but it's nice to believe some of the things will actually happen. These little cookies are the reason I make Wyatt come with me here almost every week.

I crack the cookie and a piece of paper as well as a ring falls out. I look up, with a frown, at Wyatt who is smiling. I pick up the paper and unfold it.

Will you marry me?

Wyatt stands up and gets down on his knee by my chair. Oh my god, is this actually happening. Holy shit!

"Coral, we have been through a lot of ups and downs. I have a shit load of issues, sure. I can say we both do," Wyatt says and laughs. "But even through everything, I still find new reasons to love you and I honestly don't want to live another day without you as my wife. You mean more to me than anything in my life and I am proud to say that I love you and I always will. Will you marry me?"

I stare in shock at Wyatt. I know we have been dating for a while but the fact that this is happening. It's actually happening. Tears start to cloud my vision, and I nod. "Yes. Yes, I will marry you," I say, smiling in pure happiness. Nothing has ever made me feel this happy.

Wyatt slides the beautiful ring onto my finger and then we both stand up as everyone in the restaurant starts clapping.

He wraps his arms around my waist and then kisses me. "I love you," he whispers in my ear and the gently kisses my neck.

*=*=*=*

See you in a jiffy! ;)

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k      

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG