Chapter 9 ❋

After spring break everything went back to almost normal. Camila hadn't spoke to me since the last time we texted. I hated school but on the bright side there was only 3 days left till the last day of school.

I walked out my class and was greeted by everyone in the halls as usual. I walked towards Zayn who was taking everything out his locker.

"Hello mate." I said in a terrible British accent.

"Hey Y/NN." He turned his head towards me. I leaned on the knockers next to me and looked across the hall where Shawn and Camila were. It looked like Shawn was telling her something but she seemed uninterested. We made eye contact so I sent her a small smile and waved but she just looked another way. I sighed and turned my attention back to Zayn.

"Girls suck man." I whined.

"Amen to that." Zayn chuckled, shutting his locker. We both leaned on the lockers. I was on my phone when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Y/N." I looked up and saw Ariana in front of me holding her books against her chest.

"Hey Ari." I said giving her my best toothless smile.

"How was your spring break?" She asked while twirling a strand of her hair.

"Uh it was good. Didn't do much except go to that party that got raided by the cops." I said as I laugh.

"You were there? I was there too I didn't see you. " She questioned.

"Well it was a full house, I didn't see you either." I responded.

"Yea... hey we never got to talk, you know after our date." She said while rubbing her hand down my shoulder. I look back at Camila and see she's already looking over here. Her facial expression showed annoyance and she was squinting her eyes. I looked away and turned my attention back to Ariana.

"Yea ok let's talk right now." I pulled her towards the small garden that was built inside the school. The garden had only windows so I could see Zayn giving me a look of confusion through the glass.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask nervously. She hesitated for a moment but spoke.

"What are we?" She looked down at the books on her lap.

My mind began to drift. I was hoping she wouldn't ask that. I kind of liked Ariana but I liked Camila as well. The only thing that was telling me to try things out with Ariana was the fact that Camila was with Shawn.

"Y/N?" She questioned, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Wanna be my girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yes!" She exclaimed.

She pulled me into a hug. I looked out the glass and saw Zayn mouthing 'what the fuck' at me. After she let go she said she had practice so she had to go. She unexpectedly pulled me into a kiss. I stood there shocked. I watched as she walked out of the garden. Once I was alone I walked out.

"Dude what the hell was that?" Zayn asked and slapped my arm.

"Uh I might have just asked her to be my girlfriend." I chuckled nervously.

He gave me a puzzled look.

"But I thought you liked Camila?"

"I do, but I want to move forward." I explained.

He slowly nodded, "Oh ok well just so you know Camila came up to me and asked what you were doing in there with Ariana. She sounded kind of pissed."

I rolled my eyes, that girl got mad at anything I did. "Whatever. Let's go." I spoke while shrugging my shoulders. We walked to our next class. We sat down and began having a conversation.