Adam's Rib...

Sina

11:25 am...

With kush smoke lingering in the air, I found myself in the living room taking my final pull of the blunt. Feeling the high weighing in strong, I grabbed the ashtray from the end table and smashed the roach of the blunt before placing it back. Leaning back, resting my back against the couch, I closed my eyes as the feeling eased my clouded mind. I've been up for about an hour and to say the least, a nigga ain't get much sleep. With faint sirens sounding throughout the city, per usual, I began to think about my reality. While I'm over here deep in my feelings about my lady, I can't let any of this take my mind away from what's to come. I've been deading Jac's niggas left and right, shit, and with that comes the opps trying to give me life in hopes of somebody deading my ass on the inside. I pinched the bridge of my nose at the bullshit that was bound to come at me all at once. This shit was eating at me because my lady loved being around me. I hope she'll understand when I can't have her around me and with that, something came to mind. Taking my fingers from the bridge of my nose, I opened my eyes and leaned forward as I gazed down at the hard wood floor. Thinking heavy on something that I felt I had to do when it came to her, I reached into my pocket for my phone and shot both A.j and Juan a text, Eric had shit going on and nobody wanna be bothered with Devin ass. Placing the phone back, I heard the floor creak from the hallway. Not bothering to break my train of thought, I noticed Tahari walk in from peripheral. Taking a seat next to me, dressed in my t-shirt, she sat there in an awkward position. She was nervous.

Running my hand down my face, I let out a sigh before gazing at her and giving her my attention. "Good morning", she greeted softly.

I wasn't quick to respond to her. Finally taking notice to her flaws, I bit my lip and shook my head before gazing down. She was so beautiful, her flaws were beautiful. She had me feeling like a completely different person."Good mornin lady", I greeted before placing my attention back on her. "What's goin on?", I queried, studying her demeanor.

"Nothing", she said softly.

I nodded. "We didn't talk much last night. Do you mind talkin to ya man or you too busy bein shy and shit?", I queried.

"We can talk", she said softly.

I sighed. "Aight, well I hope you didn't take the shit I said to you personal. I don't think you a bitch nor do I think you're weak, I wanted to get you mad lady, ya heard me. I'm at you heavy because you're mine, and at the end of the day, it's all tough love baby", I said before continuing. "I'm glad after really pushin you, you hit a nigga and no lie, you threw some good ones but you still need to work on that shit", I said before changing the subject. "The tattoo though. You've been coverin that shit up for a lil minute, why you lie to me when I asked you about it?", I queried.

She sighed. "Well, I got it when you weren't speaking to me and at that time, I felt as if you didn't want anything to do with me anymore. Just to ease my pain and remember what was and to remain hopeful, I wanted to get your name. I didn't tell you because this was before I even told you that I was in love with you, before you told me that you loved me back. I was embarrassed, I didn't want you to think I was stupid for it", she said softly.

I sighed. "Tahari, I don't know if you noticed but I'm a grown ass man. I don't think like these lil niggas out here, I know you love me, shit, I knew you loved me way before you even told me. If you were bold enough to get my name branded on ya body, then you shouldn't have been afraid to show me. Don't be embarrassed and don't feel stupid about it, I love that shit. Every day you are showin me how much you love me and every time you do that shit, with no questions, I catch myself lovin you more than I already did.", I said followed by a sigh. "Last night I couldn't really sleep, my mind wouldn't let me. I've never been in love, till you.", I said.