never you // matty (pt 3)

🌸 via falling-for-the-antichrist on tumblr !!

🌼 go read angelic if you haven't yet !!

//

George followed the nurse through the halls. As they walked past rooms, he saw the dozens of other people. Some looked just fine, but others looked on the brink of death. To say he was scared to see would be an understatement. While you were Matty’s girl, you were George’s friend, and he cared about you a lot. He had to keep it together for Matty’s sake, but he was on the verge of a breakdown.
They finally get to the door. Taking a deep breath, he turns the knob and pushes it open. With just one look at you, he is sobbing. Your head was wrapped in a bandage, your face was swollen and red. Your arm had a cast on it, as well as your leg. You looked to hurt and helpless, it was almost too much for him to handle. There were machines behind you beeping and monitoring everything about you.
The nurse then speaks. “We don’t really know when she will gain consciousness again. You are welcomed to wait in here for as long as you’d please.”
George looks at the nurse, with tears still streaming down his face. “Is she in a coma?”
“No, she is not in a coma. She is basically just asleep. I’m sure if we tried we could wake her up, but that is completely unnecessary,” the nurse said.
George just nods and looks back at you. Slowly and out of fear of hurting you, he gently picks up your hand and puts it to his mouth, kissing your knuckles and then putting it to his cheek, He sits like this for a good half hour before hearing something.
A soft moan comes from your mouth, and George perks up. “Hey, hey there, you’re okay. You’re gonna be okay.”
He can tell you’re struggling. Your eyes are slowly opening and are bloodshot. Words are trying to come out of your mouth, but your throat is so dry that isn’t working. George then walks to the door, opens and calls out, “Excuse me! She is awake, and needs some water.”
Walking back to the side of your bed, he sits and looks at you. “Do you remember what happened?”
You just nod, still completely unable to talk. George is about to say something but a nurse and a doctor then walk in.
“Hello Ms. Y/L/N, my name is Dr. Davis. I’m glad to see you’re awake. Do you know why you’re here?”
Once again you nod.
“Okay, that’s a very good sign. Just to let you know, you are pretty beat up. Your jaw is broken which will explain the head pain. You also have a broken leg and arm, and a few ribs are cracked. Does is hurt to breathe, love?”
You nod, this time, tears are streaming down your face. George grabs your hand and kisses it one more time.
“I know you’re in a lot of pain right now. We are here to do everything possible to get you healed with as little pain as possible. Since you just regained consciousness, we do need to run a few tests to check if there is any damage that we can’t see. It’s just a few scans, so no need to worry. From what I can tell, you are doing perfectly fine, and there is no sign of brain damage, and I’ve seen thousands of these cases in my 30 years of working. You’re going to be okay. I will make sure of it, alright?”
This did make you feel better. You nod. The doctor then says he will meet you in a bit for testing, the nurse just needs to prepare you.
“Can she have some water?” George asks.
“Absolutely. Let me just fill this cup up,” the nurse says, while walking to the sink.
Facing you again, she begins to speak. “Okay, this might be a little bit difficult because of the bandage, so just try to swallow as much as you can. It’s okay if it spills, I’ll clean it up.”
You manage to drink enough water, and it felt amazing. She is cleaning you up as you begin speaking.
“George,” you squeak. “I don’t want to see Matty. Not until he’s sober.”
George is speechless. “Are you sure? He is here and can’t stop crying.”
You then begin crying. “I’m sure. He isn’t who he used to be. You know this. I never want to see him again if he doesn’t get help. And you can tell him that.”
“Y/N…” begins George.
“No. stop. Don’t do that. I got into this accident because I was leaving after he told me he didn’t care. He straight up told me that it wouldn’t make a difference to him if I wasn’t there. I don’t want to waste my time anymore. If he doesn’t straighten the fuck up then I’m done with him.”
George didn’t even know what to say. Matty is losing it and nobody wants to deal with it anymore, including him. He knew that trying to convince you would be selfish. You’ve dealt with as much as you can. You’ve ended up in the hospital because of this.
“Okay. I’m so sorry Y/N. I didn’t know,” George says.
The tears are coming down heavy on your face. You’re in so much pain, and you aren’t talking about the broken bones. Your heart feels heavy and all you want is Matty. But walking out could’ve easily been the last time you ever saw him. If you had died, that would’ve been it. This has just made you realize that you refuse to let the next time you see him be when he is intoxicated.  “It’s okay, G. I love you so much.”
“I love you too.”
Meanwhile, Matty is sitting in the waiting room. His anxiety is at an all time high, and can’t stop thinking about your blood covered body on the road. He can’t stop thinking about how this is all his fault. He remembers that nine months ago, his drinking wasn’t a problem. He remembers where he could do days without drinking. But now he can’t live without it. Now he has destroyed your life because he is a fuck up.
Matty begins to hyperventilate at the thought. His mouth begins to water at the thought of some tequila, and how that would make him feel better right now. No, he has to hold back. But still, he can’t get his guilt out of his mind. His solution? Booze.
After much debate in his head, he gets out his phone and requests an Uber. Luckily to him, it’s only five minutes away. He walks outside, and waits for a minute. When he sees the red car pull up, he rushes towards it and jumps in the back seat.
“So you’re headed to the pub midday?” the Uber driver asks.
“Yeah.” Shame is heavy in Matty’s voice. He knows this is the last thing he should be doing. But his body needs it. One more drink wouldn’t hurt.
The drive is fairly short, as the bar was only about 7 minutes away. Matty enters the dark bar, and heads right to the alcohol. “Tequila. Leave the bottle.”
Matty has been drinking for about an hour, and he feels great again. His vision is blurry, his body is fuzzy, and the guilt is nearly gone. All of a sudden, he feels a tap on his shoulder. A short blonde woman is at his side.
“Can I help you?” Matty asks, not much in the mood to chat with anyone.
“No, just wondering if this seat is taken,” she says, as she gestures to the empty bar stool next to him.
He shakes his head, and takes another shot. The burning on his throat feels unbelievable. He then feels another tap on his shoulder.
“What?” He asks, it coming out a lot more harsh than he intended.
“You’re Matty Healy right?” The young woman asks.
He nods. “Yeah.”
“I love your music. You really know what you’re doing,” she says, looking right at him.
He slightly smiles, “Thanks.”
The girl smiles back, “My name is Emma.”
“Hello Emma,” he says, nonchalantly.
“So, I’m not sure if you’d be interested, but I have some sniff that I need to get rid of. Care to help me in the restroom?”
Matty freezes. What the fuck was he just asked? He was about to say no. He tried that a few times when he was a bit younger, but he doesn’t do it anymore. But then he remembered the events of this morning. Nobody liked him drinking, they definitely would not like this. But at this point, his life is already so fucked up, he might as well. “Sure. I’ll follow you.”
She then grabs his hand, and drags him to the bathroom. When they get inside, she locks the door. “Okay, let me set this shit up and then we can go for it, okay?”
He nods, and walks to the stall. Might as well piss while he’s here. When he’s done, he walks out and sees she is already snorting a line. Sniffing her nose, she smiles at him. “You’re up, love.”
He slowly bends forward onto the sink, and begins to snort the white powder into his nose. It hurts like hell, and he has an intense urge to sneeze, but fuck it feels so good. It doesn’t take long for him to feel it. They go back and forth until the baggy of cocaine is empty.
“Shit that feels good, doesn’t it?” Emma asks.
Laughing, he nods his head and leans on the wall.
He doesn’t notice it, but Emma slowly walks to him, and presses her lips against his neck. This shocks him and he shoves her off. They are staring at each other for a second, before Matty rushes towards her and kisses her. In the back of his head, he knows that this is quite possibly the worst thing he has ever done, but in the moment, he just needs a distraction. And what better distraction than sex?
You and George finish chatting when the Doctor comes back to take you for testing. “Bye G, thank you for talking to me.”
He smiles, then leans down and kisses your forehead. “You’re welcome. I’ll come back later to bring you some stuff, and we can just hang out, okay?”
You smile and nod. “Bring Adam and Ross? I want to see them too.”
George agrees, says goodbye, and walks out of the emergency room. He feels a lot better knowing that you’re okay and that he can let Matty know that. But his nerves are going crazy because he has to tell Matty that you don’t want to see him. It’s now or never. As he walks into the waiting room, he doesn’t see Matty in the spot he was in earlier. He looks around, expecting to see him in another chair, but Matty isn’t there.
“Are you looking for the young man you came in with?” The nice older nurse calls out.
“Yeah I am, did you see where he went?”
“He left dear, looked in a rush too.”
George is speechless, unbelievable.