never you // matty (pt 4)

🌸 via falling-for-the-antichrist on Tumblr !!

🌼 go read angelic if you haven't yet !!

//

George didn’t know where Matty was specifically, but he knew exactly what he was doing. And George was livid. You had just nearly died, and one of the last things he said to you was that he didn’t care if you were in his life. Nothing could be more untrue, but you didn’t deserve to go to your grave with those last words. In true Matty Healy form, he is being a selfish prick, and doing the exact thing that hurt the love of his life in the first place. At this point, George was through with Matty’s bullshit. He loved his best friend, but there comes a point where you need to cut the toxic people out of your life. But he couldn’t give up. Not because of Matty, but because of you. You deserved a good life, with or without Matty.
George has called Matty upwards of fifty times, but there was no answer. He knew it would take forever to find him by himself, so he resorted to calling Adam and Ross. With his phone to his ear, and the ring buzzing through the air, he bites in lip.
“Hello?” Adam answers.
“Adam, I need you to help me find Matty. I was talking to Y/N, went back into the waiting room, and he was gone. I know that prick is out drinking somewhere, but I need help,” George says.
Adam sighs, “Yeah I’ll go look. I’ll send Ross out too.”
“Thanks, call me if either of you find him,” George says.
“Will do,” says Adam, then they say their goodbyes and hang up.
Reaching for the car keys, he pulls them out and sits in the car. Where to first? George knows of a pub that’s only about five minutes from here.
As he is driving down the road, he keeps an eye out for a shitfaced Matty walking on the side of the road. He wasn’t. Pulling into the parking lot of the pub, he locks the door and hurries inside. The stench of piss, beer, and sweaty bodies overwhelms his senses. The lights are dim, the neon lights are buzzing, and the old men sitting at the bar all look like they are living their last day. From looking around, Matty doesn’t appear to be here. All of a sudden, a loud gasp rips through the bar. At the bathroom door, a woman has a look of disbelief and disgust. “What the fuck?”
George walks over, and not to his surprise, Matty is there. George then notices that he is passed out on the floor, with a half naked girl on top of him. It was very clear that they fucked, jesus Matty was still inside of her. Matty’s skin was pale, but the dried blood under his nose contrasted. Cocaine was around his nose and mouth, along with some drool. George drops to the floor next to him, and nudges him.
“Matty. Matty. MATTY!” George ends up screaming. Both Matty and Emma shoot up. Matty’s eyes squint, as the light in the bathroom was just too bright for his bloodshot and dilated eyes. Emma crawls off of him, and lays on the ground next to him.
“Matty, you need to get up right now. Come on,” George says.
Matty groans, way too fucked up to speak. He slowly works himself up, and with limp arms, buttons up his pants that were at his ankles, due to his recent fornication. His movements are slow, and George is too mad to have the patience. With force, George grasps Matty’s arm and drags him outside. Putting Matty in the car, he gets in on the other side. His breathing is heavy, and he is trying to calm down so he doesn’t go completely mental on Matty, even though he wanted to so badly. He turns the key in the ignition, and then stares straight ahead.
“Matty, what the fuck were you thinking?” George asks.
It takes a bit for Matty to respond, but he does. “I feel guilty, G. I needed to be distracted.”
“So you decide to drink? Do the very thing that has completely destroyed any chance you had with Y/N? Real smart, Matty. Wish I had your brains,” George remarks sarcastically.
“You don’t understand,” Matty says.
“You’re right, I don’t. So help me understand why you think it’s okay to drink yourself to death and do hard drugs while fucking another girl. All on the day your girlfriend nearly died. Explain it to me Matty because I must be stupid not to understand,” George says, with less anger, and more devastation. George is devastated.
“I don’t know, G. I’m sick. I am an alcoholic,” Matty says.
“I get that part, Matthew. But in the past when help was offered to you, you completely ignored it and let everyone down. Why the fuck would you do that?”
“It’s easier to pretend like I have control than to put my life on hold for rehab. We are touring, G. We have people that count on us,” Matty says.
“They can’t count on shit if you’re drunk the whole time. And there won’t be any touring because you’ll be so drunk, you could kill yourself.”
Matty stays silent. His life had come to this. He is losing everyone he loves because of his complete inability to be selfless. His mom hardly speaks to him anymore, and won’t let his younger brother speak to him unless he’s clean. His band mates resent him for putting them through this, and you. You stared death in the eyes because he can’t hold it together. The guilt comes back, and all he wants is some booze.
“How is she?” Matty asks.
George sighs, “Honestly, she is pretty beat up. Not unconscious anymore, and seems to be doing fine, but they have to run some tests. They don’t know how bad the damage is yet.”
Matty nods, and sniffs. “Did she say anything about me?”
George looks at him, this is the moment of truth. “Matty, she refuses to see you until you’re sober. I tried to talk to her, but she’s right. She shouldn’t have to see you like this again.”
Matty didn’t even know what to say. His heart broke, and tears start streaming down his face. Matty knows that you have every right to feel like this, but fuck, it doesn’t make it hurt any less.
“G, how the fuck am I supposed to get better? If I go to rehab, I’ll be gone for at least a month and I can’t go that long without seeing her. I won’t go that long without seeing her. I don’t give a fuck if I have to break into our house. How am I going to stop myself from drinking? I can barely control my life as it is. I’m so fucked!” Matty is screaming and sobbing. His head is pounding, not from the crying, but because of the drugs.
George sheds a tear, because as much as he wanted to have the answers about what to do, he didn’t. He was just as clueless as Matty. “Matty, I know you don’t want to go away for that long, but you’ll be waiting even longer if you don’t go. You know that trying to get sober on your own will probably not work, and then you will never get to see her.”
“I don’t want to fucking go to rehab,” Matty states.
“I know that, but this isn’t about what you want. Stop being so goddamn selfish! You only think about what works for you, and nobody else. If you don’t get clean, you are going to lose everyone for good. Y/N is going to move on and find another man that lover her the way you do, but this time he’ll be sober. You want to watch that happen? Because nobody is going to sit around and wait for you. You either get the fucking help now, or you’re on your own.”
The thought of you with another man made Matty sick to his stomach. It was probably the tequila, but it still make him nauseous. He is the only one that gets to hold you, kiss you, make love to you. He is the only one that get’s to run his fingers through your hair, kiss the back of your neck, and pull you so close it hurts. You were his life source. Without you, he’s nothing more than a boy that sings and drinks. All he needed to do was tell you that. Matty knew that the only way to get you to hear this is if he gets to you in the hospital.
“G, I need to see her toda-” Matty starts but is cut off by George’s phone ringing. “Who is it?”
“I don’t recognize the number,” George says. Clicking the green button, he puts it up to his ear. “Hello?”
It’s silent for a moment, but then you begin to speak. “G,” you say, and it was evident that you were crying. George got very nervous. “What’s going on? Are you okay?”
Matty perks up, frustrated that he can’t hear what is being said. It would have to be you.
“George, I’m pregnant.”