Snake Eyes {9}

The kiss sent warmth spreading throughout my body. I closed my eyes and kissed him back, loving the feel of Maxx’s lips on my own.

                Maxx brought his hand up to my face. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer. He licked my bottom lip and I went to open my mouth.

                The basement door opened and we jumped apart in surprise before I got the chance to. We looked up as Chandler made his way down the stairs with Benji in his arms.

                He glanced at us and raised an eyebrow. A smirk grew on his face and he coughed in his arm to hide it.

                “Having fun?” he asked, shooting Maxx a knowing look.

                “Well, we were until you came down here,” Maxx grumbled and threw a pillow at Chandler. Chandler laughed and sat down next to Maxx after setting the dog down.

                My heart was slamming as I realized that I had been about to make out with Maxx. But…aw man! I was so stupid and pathetic! I had never kissed anyone before and I had sure never made out with anyone before! I had never seen the appeal in people licking each other’s tongues, and here I sat, about to do that with Maxx.

                Oh man. First kiss, and with the guy I liked. Feeling like a complete girl, I had to bite my lip to keep in my excitement. Was I a bad kisser? Had I turned him off? Or did this mean he really liked me and maybe wanted to date me?

                “Mark, you’re doing it again!” Maxx said, shaking me and laughing.

                I blushed as I snapped out of my daze. He rolled his eyes at me and grinned. “What were you thinking about?” he asked, but his look told me he knew.

                “Just, ah, zoning out,” I said lamely.

                Maxx’s grin got wider and he stood up and pulled me with him. “Be right back Chandler. I have to talk to Mark about something,” he said and dragged me upstairs.

                He pulled me through the kitchen and into a living room. He pulled me down a hallway and into a bedroom. We sat down on the bed together and I looked around the room.

                There was a dog in a cage in the corner. It growled viciously and began to bark, slamming against the cage.

                “Kojak?” I guessed nervously.

                Maxx laughed and nodded. He stood up and went over to the cage. “Shut up Kojak!” he snapped and kicked the cage. The dog growled once more before falling silent, watching us carefully as Maxx came back over to me.

                “Sorry. Kojak’s a little…uh…well, he’ll rip you limb from limb if I let him out of the cage,” he said with a shrug.

                “Wonderful,” I mumbled and Maxx smiled and put his arm around my waist. I blushed and he pulled me closer to himself.

                “I shouldn’t feel this strongly about you when I’ve just met you Mark,” he whispered. My breathing sped up a little as he got closer to my face.

                “But I do, and I like it. Hell, I like you. A lot,” he breathed before bringing his lips back to mine gently.

                He pulled away and pressed our forehead together, staring into my eyes. I slowly brought my hand up and brushed his hair out of his eyes, not taking my gaze off of his.