Choice #2

(This is the fluffy one, with the guy taking him home.  Kal and Midori are eventually able to get you back with this route, if you guys want this to be the one to continue.)(p.s. it's gonna be a majority rule type of vote, sorry if your favorite route isn't selected.)

You hooked your claws over the cold, metal grate.  Kal and Midori hadn't come yet, but you held to the firm belief that they'd arrive.

But...maybe seeing me and the veterinarian like that....-No, I won't think that way.  I'm sure something just...held them up.

Though you were doing your best to keep thinking positively and place your trust in them, the blank space on the adoption papers was beginning to run dangerously low.

Every now and then, you'd let out a mew to see if Midori of Kal would somehow hear and rescue you, but that was pretty impossible.  The meows that you were releasing were definitely too soft to be heard by anyone outside of the waiting room. 

You felt your eyes water slightly, as you curled in a small ball in the corner of the carrier, tucking your face under your paws.

They'll never find me, huh...

"Done!" A voice chirped from above you, as the man stood with the papers.  He began walking over to front desk.

No! Don't deliver those...they...still haven't...

The man began walking back over, holding yet another paper that you stood to see: a certificate confirming the paper completion.  And what your future would hold.

At this point, in shock, you stared blankly at the official adoption documentation.  It didn't feel real.  They had to come, to save you.

But they didn't.

It felt as if your whole world had come crashing down around you, suffocating you with the painful truth.  You weren't saved. 

"Come on little fella," the man said as you were immersed in sadness. 

How likely is it that they'll find me after this? ...Will they want to?

The ground shifted as you, cage and all, were lifted off the ground and carried out of the sanitary clinic.

I'm scared...

All the positivity you'd been able to muster up had been lost the second that you were taken out of the building.

I don't like this...Kal, Midori, why won't you two come dashing out to stop him from taking me away?...

A hand was removed from the carrier to fumble inside a pocket, to retrieve the keys to a car, which you couldn't see very well.

Any second now...

The lock to the door clicked.

J-just a little longer...

A door opened and you were place in the floor board of the passenger side.

Please...

The door slammed as the man went around the front to th driver's side.

Don't let him take me...

The car started with a jolt, reversing out of the parking spot, and then, driving out of the small parking lot.

Midori...Kal...why didn't you come?...Why?

The tears didn't stop the entire ride to who knows where.  After all, you'd only ever bother to remember your address and the places around town you went to regularly, it wasn't like you ever needed to go very far.