t h r e e

"A new neighbor? That's great, Mina-chan!"

Mina rolled her eyes as she unboxed her chess set. She was glad that Sana called her to talk about what had been happening in their home country. Even though she hates the people there, Mina misses it. She misses being by Sana all the time, the way things work in Japan, and especially the food there. It took her a while to get used to the spicy food of South Korea. Plus, it wouldn't hurt going back to speak in her native language 24/7.

"Great? How is that great? The little brat is annoying as hell!"

"Oh, it's a family?" Sana questioned.

"No. The girl is so small I mistook her for a five-year-old. She wears pigtails and has a unicorn poster! What kind of adult is she?"

Sana chuckled on her end. "Maybe she's there for a reason. To get you out of your negative ways."

Mina huffed as she set up her chess board. "My mood is not negative. It's real."

"Yeah, real negative. Why don't you talk to her? What's so bad about her? She sounds adorable."

"The girl gave me a gift basket. For all I know, it could be filled with poison!"

"I heard that Koreans were some of the nicest people you'll ever know," Sana claimed.

"Keep believing those lies."

Mina could see Sana rolling her eyes. "I hope your neighbor bugs you to death."

After speaking for  while longer, Mina hung up with Sana, and looked out her window. Chaeyoung was talking to a girl taller than her, with orange-dyed hair. Chaeyoung was holding a giant teddy bear, which Mina guess the other girl gave to her.

Until the pair walked towards Mina's house. Mina watched as they walked to her front door and rung the doorbell. What did this little girl want from her?

"What?" Mina asked, opening the door.

"Surprise!" Chaeyoung exclaimed with the other girl, holding the teddy bear out towards her.

It was yellow, with a sun on its belly, smiling. Mina stared at the bear. already hating how happy and cheerful it looks. Even though it's an inanimate object.

"This is my friend, Dahyun," Chaeyoung greeted, "and she agreed to helping me choose this out for you--"

"I don't want it," Mina interrupted, trying to close the door.

A foot caught the door, and Dahyun kicked it back open, revealing a surprised Mina.

"Why don't you just take it for a day? Maybe you''ll like it," Dahyun suggested.

"No, I don't want it," Mina repeated.

"Just for today."

"No."

"An hour?"

"No."

"A minute?"

"No."

Dahyun huffed. "You are mean."

Chaeyoung slapped Dahyun's arm. "Don't call her mean! You just met her today--"

"No, she's right. I'm mean. And I'm advising you to leave me alone and pretend like I ever existed. It's what I'm used to."

Then Mina successfully shut the door in their faces.

Kind of short,  and probably boring, but don't worry. It'll start to move along in the next chapter. Don't forget to submit ships that I can write! I have a nice story idea in mind, and I reeeally want to write it! BUT I NEED SHIPS! GUYZ HALP!!1