Chapter 2

Camila parked her bike on her usual spot as she took out her bag from the basket. She took off her helmet and shoved it in her bag. As she looked up, her eyes met the green ones that she remembered so vividly from last night. Lauren was wearing a grey crop top with her usual leather jacket over it and Camila could understand why both boys and girls were head over heels for her.

"Nice bike." Lauren commented, smirking widely.

"Stop teasing it. It hates you already.. bye babe." Camila kissed the bike and started walking towards the stairs.

"So your bike gets a kiss but I don't?" Lauren shouted for Camila to hear as she chased Camila before she went inside.

"I like my bike." Camila replied, slowing down to wait for the older girl. Students were starting to look at the unusual pair. Some people smiled at Lauren and then proceeded to stare, more like glare at Camila for even daring to stand beside the perfection they call Lauren Jauregui. Being the ignorant person that she is, Camila decided to ignore their presence.

"Are you implying that you don't like me?" Lauren pointed out, smirking a bit. Camila was glad that Lauren wasn't taking this seriously.

"I don't know. We barely know each other. All I know is you're popular, head of the softball team, won homecoming queen junior year, super hot, super gay." Camila winked as she stopped at her locker. Lauren followed closely behind, standing beside her.

"Super hot huh?" Lauren tilted her head, letting her tongue out to tease Camila. Camila found the green eyed girl more than just hot, she was beautiful and adorable, but there was no way she was going to admit that, it would boost the girl's vanity.

"Nyeh.. that's what the people says." Camila continued avoiding the girl's gaze and stuffed her books from inside her bag.

"What do you say?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because it's your opinion and I care about you." Lauren's statement grabbed Camila's attention as she stopped moving to think of her words.

"We just met." Camila mumbled as she distractedly checked her schedule and grabbed the books she needed. She closed and locked her locker door but just as she was about to leave to meet Dinah, Lauren grabbed her arm.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't. I need to go to class."

"Class starts in fifteen, talk to me." Lauren pouted and Camila finally found her kryptonite. Lauren should just pout to get anything in this world, because who can refuse that?

"What do you want to talk about?" Camila sighed.

"Hey Camila!" Austin, a junior in Camila's English and music class, called out from behind, only to stop when he sees Lauren.

"Lauren Jauregui? What are you um, doing talking to Camila?" Camila didn't know whether she should be offended or whether Lauren should be and apparently Lauren was just as confused, because they both stared at each other.

"I- why not?" Lauren asked back, raising her eyebrows.

"I- just- because- um, you know- Camila doesn't usually-"

"Hang out with popular kids. Yeah- I don't actually." Camila continued for Austin, pitying the now stuttering boy. She smiled a bit as she looked at Lauren who now has an amused expression on her face.

"You're not talking to a popular kid Camila, you're just talking to me."

"Exactly. You're popular." Camila countered.