88. He Takes You To Prom - Michael

Part 4/4

...
Requested by:
@robertssaverielle
...

Alright I have FIVE new books to tell y'all about! The first four are the short preference books I told y'all about! Requests are open for each 5sos boy in their respective book, any kind of imagine is welcome but they will be by definition short.

Also, AshleyAshtonIrwin and I have started a book on MikeyIsRainbowDash. It's called Can You Keep A Secret and it's a superpower AU so that's pretty awesome!

Yeah and wow 4 parts left after this one!

Michael:  
"Come on Y/N," Michael held his hand out, "dance, let loose! This is your prom!"

"I know Michael but- but I just like this wall. Ya know, it's a nice wall, there's a mural on it, and uh no people," you skittishly shied away from him.

He sighed, "this is why Mum told you to take me, if you came here alone you'd just watch people dance for three hours and then leave."

You crossed your arms, "I'm swaying to the music see," you shook your hips in an exaggerated motion, "that counts as dancing."

"No it doesn't," he chuckled, "nice try though."

You groaned and rolled your eyes. You wished that Michael wasn't so insistent on you interacting with people at your prom. You had spent your entire high school career talking to your peers only when you needed to and you didn't see any reason to change that just because it was your last ever dance. Unfortunately your mother knew that you felt that way which is exactly why she made you take Michael with you in the first place. Her exact words were something along the lines of, 'I don't want you to glue your ass to the wall and then just watch other people dance like a creepy old man.' But you really did like the wall, the convention center that was hosting your prom had some really nice murals that nobody else seemed to be enjoying. Probably because they were dancing and laughing and talking to each other. What losers.

"Don't roll your eyes it'll be fun! You have to put yourself out there!" Michael succeeded in grabbing you and started to pull you toward the massive crowd of sweaty, dancing bodies.

"It would be more fun to keep myself in here," you began to resist as the music got louder and the people got closer. You didn't hate people or dancing or loud music but putting them all together was thoroughly unpleasant to you.

"Awwww come on, isn't that the boy you were telling me about the other day?" Michael pointed right at the guy you had a huge crush on who was standing a little ways away talking to his friends.

You slapped his hand down, "don't point! Could you be any more obvious?!"

"I could yell 'Y/N LOVES THAT GUY OVER THERE!' Really loudly," he suggested.

"NO!" You shook your head vehemently, "don't do that!"

"Well," he tapped his chin thoughtfully, "maybe if you come and dance I'll be too distracted to yell at him."

"You're playing dirty," you spat.

"No, I'm using my resources, nothing dirty about that," he replied innocently even though both of you knew that his words were total BS.

"Fine," you spat, "one song!"

"Three songs," he countered.

"One point five," you raised your eyebrows.