41: Quartet Plus Duo

A scene so bloody could be seen in one part of a wilderness. Mile-high trees obstructed the view of gigantic beasts from miles away.

"Bright!!!! Bright!!" Called Raize in his unusually loud voice.

The target of his voice sprawled bloody on the dirt ground. Deep claw wounds could be seen. His consciousness fading. "Lea...." He whispered. He could feel his heart being ripped apart at the thought of never seeing her again. He regretted seeing her smile only for a few times, but he felt slightly happy.

He had to wonder why she had to be in his head in his dying moment. But he knew, whatever the reason was, he didn't care. He simply wanted to see her one last moment if possible. But his time was running out.

"No!!! Wake up, Idiot!! BRIGHT!"

"You.. are... a-awfully n-n-noisy..." Bright struggled to say, but Raize was too far to hear.

Raize's chest was in panic. Despite how annoying Bright was to him, he never wanted the guy to get hurt. And he knew Bright was too good to lose his life in such a manner. But what could he possibly do?

Before every entity in the vicinity made another move, a certain lean young man was suddenly beside Bright.

"Fatima, can you heal him?"

At his words, a very beautiful woman jumped down from above quietly. "Yes. A moment later and my response would have been different."

The young man sighed in relief. "Then get to work. I have your back."

With his words, the woman who was called Fatima suddenly squealed. "As you wish, darling-!" Then she grabbed bottles after bottles and choked them all into Bright'a mouth. Afterwards, Fatima could be seen with a warm glow on her hands.

While she was busy fixing up Bright, the young man skillfully defended himself and he was equally good at evading. But as expected, the beasts were too strong to handle.

"What can I do to help!" Asked Raize aloud, catching the young man's attention briefly before he evaded another dangerous attack.

"Can distract at least one of them? I can't land a hit if I have to keep defending for my life!"

"Okay!" And Raize immediately released a twin fugly aliens that were covered by blood, skin and bones. Immediately, some beasts found themselves curious and started poking their claws on the twins.

Although the young man was surprised, he looked unfazed as he skillfully jumped from the beast paw to cut its long tongue. Then right after, he went around its back to jump aboard and dashed towards it back head. With a strong thrust, his thick sword penetrated the beast's head.

"One down, four to go." He counted. There was already one beast dead when him and Fatima arrived.

Raize continued to do his best in drawing the beasts attention, and before he realized it, a long time had passed and eventually, every beast had collapsed.

With extreme exhaustion chasing his consciousness, Raize struggled to walk closer to Bright's side.

As he looked on, he noticed Bright was recovering smoothly. His life no longer at death's door. Then he turned his attention to the young man who appeared bloody and exhausted, large head of sweat pouring down his forehead.

"I'm Raize, and this guy here is Bright. Thank you for coming just in time to save us. Can I ask for your name?"

The young man observed Raize briefly, and revealed a small smile. "I'm glad we were just in time. I'm called Kiel Fang. Fatima and I were exploring the area for herbs she needed for her alchemy when we heard their loud roaring."