Chapter 13

Khloe's POV:

It hurt.

My neck, my arm, my head. All of it hurt.

Why?

The last thing I remembered was...

My eyes shot open as I remembered, an exasperated gasp entering my throat.

Light shown in from the curtains, showing me that I was in Master's room, sitting peacefully on his couch.

I... wasn't dead.

I wasn't sure if I should be relieved or not

My arms moved to push my self up further, but I quickly stopped myself as I noticed the IV sticking out of my arm.

My stomach instantly turned.

I hated needles.

"Oh you're awake."

I stiffened as I heard Masters words, my head whipping around to find him.

I spotted him, lifting himself from his bed.

The sight of him walking towards me didn't aid in my uneasiness.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

His question caught me off guard.

Still, I tried my best to respond to him as quickly and truthfully as possible.

"My um... head hurts." I said, avoiding eye contact.

He was silent for a moment.

"Is that the only thing that hurts?"

I shook my head.

"My neck and um," I looked down at the needle piercing my skin, "Arm does too."

My body tensed as I felt his hands brush back my hair, thumb trailing against the aching mark he left on my skin.

"Thats all normal. It seems to be healing quickly so it probably won't leave a very noticeable scar."

He was speaking so casually, like he didn't almost suck me dry last night.

I don't know why I expected anything different.

I whimpered a bit as he removed the needle from my arm, his thumb pressing against where it used to be as he set it on the coffee table.

"W-what was that for?" I stuttered.

"I gave you a blood transfusion." He responded quickly.

My eyes widened.

"Why?"

His eyes met with mine for a moment, making me shrink back a bit.

"I didn't want you to die because of something the Lord made me do." He stated.

He removed his thumb from my elbow, licking off my blood from it.

I focused my gaze back to where the IV used to be, looking where the evident mark was as Master took the blood bag and IV into the bathroom.

He... saved me?

For some reason that concept was so hard to grasp.

This whole thing was hard to grasp.

I thought back to last night.

How I was fearing for my life the moment the Lord ordered Master to drink for me.

How Master refused to, stating that he was saving me for the blood moon.

I just remembered how fast my heart was beating. It felt like I was trapped, I couldn't even move. Like the fear was holding me there, just allowing reality to happen.