The Crazy (Ch 28)

I stared at him from across the room—if he wasn’t a pack brother, this kid would so be dead.

We all ignored Paul and let Seth go wherever he needed to go to prevent a potential brawl. Sam came into the room holding two large hammers in hand.

“Yo Jake, come with me to the back, the Shed door is broken again.” He rolled his eyes towards the kitchen.

“The fiancé, huh?” Jared whispered from where he sat beside him with a mischievous smile.

Sam turned to him in deadpan and swatted him with the hammer- obviously Jared didn’t even flinch at this. We all laughed knowing Emily’s hold on Sam, something he did not appreciate us poking fun at.

“Are you coming?” Sam questioned, turning to me and holding out the hammer.

I nodded and got up, following him out to the back. 

LUCY POV

The warm water felt amazing on my muscles and after being out in that cold rain last night, it felt even better. I let the hot droplets hit against my back and let my mind wander back to him. It’s all I’ve been thinking about all shower. I didn’t even know how to find the words to describe how happy I was. I’d always wanted to have my own love story- always seeing girls in coffee shops with their boyfriends while I sat in the corner alone sipping my latte, and hoping the creepy man beside me didn’t decide to make conversation. I would see the couples holding hands during my morning jog through central park, the guy with his arm protectively around her, shielding her from the cold air. Even on the subway, I would see the couple who couldn’t find a seat just like me, except the girl would have her tall broad guy to hold onto so she wouldn’t fall over while I had to clench every one of my muscles to avoid falling down on the woman seated behind me (totally great workout by the way). I always wanted to be the girl with the guy to lean on both literally and figuratively. I wanted someone to always call to tell them about my day and to go to when I was sad. I mean, yeah I’ve always had Jake- but he was 3000 miles away and even if we weren’t so far away, we were best friends, so his kisses weren’t really an option for me. And I needed those kisses. Just a taste of him and I was already addicted to this boy.

And now I had that love story- even if it was really out of this world and crazy. I had me a wolf man and just the thought of it was really sexy, right? Seriously.. It’s so weird how this ended up being our fates. We were together since we were in diapers and now we were together in a whole different way. And I loved that thought. I loved everything about it.

Reluctantly, I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, wrapping my towel around myself. The bathroom was too steamy to even see myself in the mirror so I quickly walked across the hall to my room.Many minutes and outfit changes later, I was finally done. I had decided on a plain black mini skirt with a matching belt to go with a tight dark red turtleneck tucked in. Today wasn’t as cold as yesterday so the skirt wouldn’t be too bad, and I paired it with a pair of black suede slouch boots. Red and Black were Jake’s favorite color combinations- always been so I was happy to contribute to that particular fetish. I had my makeup done and was now working on my hair which I decided to put half up and half down with a black clip after drying it. I walked back and looked at the full length mirror, frowning at my extra white legs. Sigh. Why couldn’t we get some sun in this place? Oh well. I smoothed over my skirt and made final adjustments to my outfit before going down the stairs. I think being out in the rain gave me the sniffles because I must have blown my nose about five times since getting upstairs. I swear if I get sick… It is not pretty.

When I went down, I saw Paul, Jared, and Embry playing one of their video games, not paying attention to anything but the television. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering where Jake had gone off to.