Chapter 11

Jay^^
If it's in italics, then it's a flashback.
Carson's POV

"Wake up," a deep voice whispered in my ear before placing a kiss behind my ear. I decided to stay still and hope Jay would go away, but that didn't work out too well. Jay rolled me onto my back and started peppering kisses all over my face. A giggle escaped my mouth as I playfully shoved his face away.

"It's too early," I whined as I buried my head in a pillow.

"It's breakfast time, and after we eat we can come back in here and sleep." He chuckled while pulling me out of the bed and into his arms. I groaned when my face hit his strong pec. Before I could make any attempt at moving Jay started pulling off my shirt and putting on a sweatshirt of his. After he decided I was good, he picked me up and moved me so that he was giving me a piggy-back ride.

This weirdo.

"So, for breakfast, they made a lot of food: pancakes, waffles, French toast, biscuits, omelets, scrambled eggs, sunny-side-up eggs, bacon, sausage, links and patties, ham, toast, and fresh fruit. Now, you're going to make a plate that is overflowing with food." Jay explained as he carried me downstairs. My stomach growled at the thought of eating so much food.

"You're hungry, that's good." He mumbled once we got downstairs. Everyone looked at us with raised eyebrows making me quickly get off of Jay's back. He growled a bit making me turn and glare at him, he stopped after that.

"Morning Dad, and uh...my dad's mate," I mumbled awkwardly as I tried to figure it what to call Zayn, my dad's real mate. A soft smile was on my dad's face as he looked up at me.

"You can just call him Zayn." He told me. Zayn nodded at me with a smile. Jay came up behind me, pulled a seat out for me, and pushed me down to sit. I mumbled a 'thanks' to him causing him to beam down at me in joy.

Seriously, he's weird.

Nobody is this fudging happy in the morning.

Make a plate. Jay reminded me through our private link. Since we're the next alpha and beta, or I was supposed to be the next beta, we have a private mind link that nobody else can listen in on.

Listening to Jay, so he wouldn't complain more, I started making myself a plate with some fruit, a piece of toast, and a sunny-side-up egg. When I didn't put anything else on my plate Jay took matters into his own hands. Literally.

He quickly started piling food on my plate leaving no open space. Anytime I tried to interrupt him because that was too much food, my pleas just fell silent on his ears. After he was finally happy with the amount of food, he expected me to eat, he gave me my plate back. When I started slowly eating my food Jay began making his plate.

"So, your dad was telling me that you, Carson, don't go to school, but take online courses. I just wanted to extend the offer of my help if you needed it. I was a teacher in England before I moved here." Zayn offered with a smile.

"Thank you; school has never been my strong suit so I might take you up on that offer," I replied kindly. My dad looked relieved that I was kind about it. Did he expect me to be a meanie about it? They're mates, and if my father's happy then I'm happy.

"You're welcome." He smiled back at me, before smiling at my dad. Everyone went back to eating after that. I continued to eat some, but I didn't want to eat too much. Jay wouldn't want anything to do with me if I was fat; not that I'm not already, but I'm working on it.

"Carson..." Jay groaned when he realized I wasn't eating. When I looked over at him, he was already staring at me. My cheeks lit up as I started playing with my food.