Chapter 12

Carson^^

Jay's POV

"Shhh doll," I cooed Carson as his breathing started leveling. His inhaler was still in my hand and we were still on the ground. My mate's head was buried in my neck and his fingers were digging into my arms.

Please leave everyone. I want a minute with him. I sent out a mind-link to everyone in the room with the two of us. No reply came, but I heard everyone walkout. Once I couldn't hear anyone else in the room, I moved Carson's head away from my neck. Tears were still cascading down his face and his bottom lip was trembling.

"Calm down doll face, focus on my breathing." I comforted while moving his hands to rest on my chest. His breathing steadied even more as he started to match mine.

"W-why?" He croaked, voice sore. I didn't even need to ask him what he was talking about, I already knew. I shouldn't have brought up that stuff at the table like that, but it just kinda happened. I was already planning on trying to get him to talk to his father and then get some professional help. If he refused to talk to his father I would talk to him, in private. Then we could take the necessary steps.

"I am so sorry sweetheart. I never meant to just come out and announce to everyone everything like that. Trust me, it wasn't supposed to happen like this, but you do need to talk to your father so we can get you, someone, to talk to, and figure out a diet plan for you. You might not want to, but you need to. Once again, I'm extremely sorry for how this all worked out." I confessed. Carson cried some more but still nodded. Good, he wasn't going to fight me on this.

"O-okay. Can you go get my dad? I should talk to him." Carson asked after a few minutes. At this point, he had calmed down fully. I nodded before moving him off of my lap, and to his bed, before placing a kiss on his forehead. I put his inhaler down on his nightstand. A blush grew on his cheeks as I walked out of his room and downstairs. When I got down there everyone was in the living room talking. Sean was biting his thumbnail and he was pacing.

"Carson asked for you to go up to his room; he wants to talk," I told him with a sad smile. He nodded before patting my shoulder and walking up the stairs to Carson's room. I stood there for a few minutes before Carson sent me a mind-link message.

Can you come up? He asked in a nervous voice. I quickly said I would before making my way up the stairs again. When I got to his room the door was already slightly ajar so I pushed it fully open and walked in. My mate was sitting on the ground, once again, with a blanket pulled tightly around him, it was an adorable sight, and his father was sitting on his bed.

Carson motioned me over to him and patted the area next to him. I walked over and pulled him into my lap instead, causing a blush to light up his face. His father looked up at us and smiled, a warm smile.

"So, Carson has agreed to go see a therapist. Someone not a part of this pack, but who does know about werewolves. Then, he's going to go see a nutritionist to help get him eating...properly again. We will go from there, but he's going to need a lot of support. And I know that you will be there for him, along with Miles and Will." Sean explained with a sad smile. Carson was looking down at his lap still, but he was nodding along. I was nodding my head too.

"So, Monday he will go talk to a nutritionist; someone does have to go with him though. It can be both of us if you would like. Or just me, but I am going, that's not up for discussion. You don't have to decide right now, you two can talk about it some. Now, I'll leave you two to chat." My mate's father finished before walking over and placing a kiss on top of his son's head and leaving the room.

Carson and I stayed in our position on the floor for a few more minutes; neither of us saying a word. I was enjoying the warmth of his body on top of mine, and the pressure of his body against mine. It was comforting.