Chapter Forty-Two

Hey my loves! Ok so I know you guys are so excited for this update but just know it's short. There's some drama but I'm trying to save most of it for later (: I really appreciated all of your comments last time! You guys are hilarious! Anyways thank you as usual for helping this story have so many reads and votes. COMMENT and enjoy!

xoxo

P.S- Are you guys passive aggressive? I'm literally always throwing shade or hinting at subliminal shit lmao

___________________

Delia

.

.

.

There was no denying it now. I'd tried but the morning sickness was setting in a little lately and I couldn't exactly tell the professors so they'd excuse me or give me a break. What a terrible conversation that would be. To make matters worse, Draco was often off school grounds and I barely got to see him lately. I'd get this lump in my throat when I tried to tell him but we were so happy and I didn't wanna ruin it. I knew it was a total cop out but I didn't want to make matters worse even though it was his right to know because he was...the father. My stomach churned every time I thought about this impending child. But part of me felt happy, despite our circumstances. We were teenagers still, his parents-well more like his father- would hate me, and the state of the wizarding world at the moment wasn't exactly baby friendly. It was unsettling thinking of raising a child in a world like this but I loved my baby already even though it was probably no bigger than a pea. I wasn't showing and I was guessing I wouldn't for a little while longer because according to my calculations, I was about six and a half weeks along. I told him to be careful. Damn it, Draco. It takes two, don't be stupid.

I stared at the ceiling, one hand resting on my abdomen that was still flat. I sighed and turned on my side, curling up under my bed sheets. Ginny was on her bed, writing on some parchment. I smiled at her and was thankful I had someone like her around, especially now. She just sat there and held me when I showed her the test, no judgment at all. She bit the nail of her thumb and then looked up at me.

"You alright?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah. I'm just wondering when I'll start to show. It's still cold so I can cover up with sweaters and things like that but I don't want anyone to know."

"I dunno really. I've heard my mum say that skinny girls tend to show faster." I groaned and rested my head on my left hand.

"Lovely." She chuckled and it became silent for a few moments as Ginny fiddled with her quill. I could tell she was struggling with saying something and I knew exactly what it was. I owed it to her to just say it but that didn't mean I was happy to do so. I was terrified.

"Delia, you know I love you and I've always been here for you, especially since Hermione and Harry are gone. I know how close you were to them."

"You've been incredibly understanding, and I can't imagine how I could've gotten through this year without you and Neville."

"Right. I just.. I know you don't want to tell anyone but I-"

"I know what you're asking. You have a right to know. I've been with him on and off for like a year now. I just don't want you to hate me or be disappointed."

"Disappointed? Hate you? I couldn't."

"You could. I mean I'm already knocked up, Ginny. It's pathetic. Everyone will say I'm a whore or I should've kept my legs closed."

"But you used protection, Delia. It could've happened to any of us. He does know, right?" I pressed my lips together and looked away.

"Are you serious? Delia, you can't do that."

"I know, it's just complicated. You don't understand. His family would never accept me and they would probably find some way to keep us apart so that me and our baby don't ruin their family name."

"They can't be that prejudiced. I mean, that'll be their grandchild."

"I'm sure his father would care more about his reputation. I'm a half-blood. We don't mix, according to him anyway."

"That's ridiculous. I mean, who the hell are you dating who's father has that prehistoric prejudice? Malfoy?" She laughed, throwing her arms up in frustration. I stayed quiet and stared her straight in the eyes, confirming what she meant as a joke. Her smile faded from her face and she looked me up and down in disbelief. Ginny shook her head and stood up, in denial.

"Stop messing around, Delia. It's not funny."

"I'm not." I said softly.

"You're not seriously saying you've been dating a Death Eater for a year? A Death Eater that almost killed Dumbledore?" I stood up in defense of Draco as she stood there with crossed arms a few feet in front of me, angry.

"He didn't choose this. He never wanted any part of it."

"Oh so that just makes it okay? That just makes his years of cruelty not only to me but Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville and any other Gryffindor he felt like torturing that day?"

"I'm not excusing his behavior but he's changed. He's different now. If you just gave him a chance-"

"Give him a chance? You're delusional. Now that I'm putting all the pieces together, it's no wonder Pansy was obsessed with you! Why would you get mixed up in all his mess, Delia?"

"Because I love him and maybe it made me do stupid things sometimes but he loves me too."

"Yeah, I can see that." She gestured to my stomach and my eyes watered. I slipped on my shoes and headed to the Room of Requirement so I could be alone. Once inside, I thought about activating our bracelets but then I remembered Draco wasn't even at Hogwarts. I sighed and shoved my sneakers off, my tears hitting the pillow.

The next morning I could tell my eyes were swollen as soon as I woke up. I'm sure everyone will fancy the demented frog look I'll be showcasing today. I pushed myself to the edge of the bed and quietly made my way to the common room to shower, pulling my jacket tightly over my stomach. I had to remind myself that no one knew and I wasn't showing at all but I knew, and that was enough for me to be nervous all the time. When I entered the dormitory, I almost ran into Ginny who was walking out. We stood there staring at one another for awhile before I saw her open her mouth to say something. But I didn't give her the chance and frankly I didn't want to hear it so I brushed past her to get ready.

I was very angry and I was sure Neville could tell as I stabbed my food aggressively before shoving it in my mouth. I was glad Ginny wasn't there yet and I assumed she was writing to Harry. She wasn't supposed to be writing this often. Idiot is going to get caught. I scoffed and I haphazardly spread butter on some toast. Just as I was going to take a bite, I saw Ginny approaching the table and I clenched my fists.

"Well, see you later Neville. I wouldn't want to get mixed up in anyone's mess again so this is my cue to leave." I smiled passive-aggressively at both of them, Ginny standing there looking torn. I turned to leave but then Ginny spoke with urgency.

"Delia, wait. I shouldn't have said that but he's been the way he is for so long that I can't imagine it any other way. I'm sorry." I smiled and just before a relieved smile came across hers, I looked down. Pursing my lips, I looked up at her again.

"Yeah, I can see that." I turned on my heels and walked away, not wanting to hear more. She'd made me feel so stupid and that wasn't what I needed right now. I knew Draco was terrible. I knew he was vile and obnoxious to say the least. I knew he was prejudiced and proud but I also knew who he was now. Sure, he had some work to do but we all did and I wasn't going to chastise him for it or let that define him. He was more than that and he proved it every day to me and hopefully eventually he would to our child.