Thank You, Sam. (Ch 44)

“Lucy! Wake up! I need you!” the loud voice of my cousin sounded through the door.

Jake rolled his eyes and opened the door, “Seriously?”

“What? The door was unlocked!” Seth exclaimed.

“No it wasn’t..” Jake replied. “I locked it myself when I came in.”

Seth looked down, “Fine. I opened it with the key under the flower pot.”

Jake shook his head, “Remind me to tell Emily to change her spot.”

“Hey!” Seth retaliated. “be thankful it was me! And not some creep.”

“Aren’t the two synonymous?” Jake retorted with a smirk and I laughed as I sat on the bed.

“Maybe.. then again the creep can bring up whatever it was you two were doing up here.. Especially since Jake’s hair is all a mess.” He replied with a sly smile.

Jake immediately ran his hands through his hair. “I told you about yours, but you couldn’t tell me about mine?”

I shrugged cheekily.

He rolled his eyes with a smile before turning back to him, “What do you want?”

“Well” He takes a seat atop my mess of a desk causing a few pieces of fabric to fall off.

“Seth!” I exclaimed and quickly rushed to fix it.

“What? It’s just fabric”

“Fabric that I’ve already pinned together!” I carefully picked up the strewn pieces and put them back on the desk. “You’re lucky you didn’t get pins in your ass.”

Seth shuddered at the thought, “anyway. My date with Sienna is tonight.” I immediately felt my heart drop a bit. “but I kind of want to bail. How do I let her down gently?”

“Oh thank God.” I put my hand to my chest and leaned against the desk.

Jake and Seth raised their eyebrow at me. “You’re mean..” Seth stated.

“Um.. should I be worried? Seth’s your cousin.” Jake added.

Me and Seth immediately gave him a disgusted face.

“Ew. No.Ew. I saw Sienna at the market today and she was such a bitch.”

Seth’s face fell and I realized that regardless of him wanting to bail or not, this will still hurt him. Damn you Sienna.

“She um.. she’s dating Jonathan Binx.”

Seth crossed his arms over his chest. “Seriously?”

I nodded and glanced over at Jake who was shaking his head with an eyeroll.

“She would. I warned you about her, Seth.”

I gave him a look and he immediately clamped up. Seth was quiet for a moment, “Well.. as long as I don’t have to let her down.”

I gaped at his response. He always surprised me, my cousin. Instead of having to hurt this girl he was happy to be the one getting the brunt of it. I walked over and wrapped my arms around him. “she obviously didn’t deserve you anyway. This is just nature setting its rightful balance again.” I kissed his cheek.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. “You’re always such a cornball, Lucinda.”

My smile immediately fell. “Don’t you start with me.” I pointed at him warningly.

He laughed and walked towards the door, “Carry on with your ravishing.” He called as he left.

I laughed, but screamed when I suddenly felt myself getting picked up. Jake had taken me from under the arms and I tried to grab onto him, but he launched me at my bed like I was some basketball.