42: Jealousy

During the beginning of their journey, the boys were oblivious to the girls quarrels. However, Ulla was soon to reach her limit.

"Walk behind, dog."

"!! How dare you be so insulting? You ugly duck." Oblivious to Fatima's reason of insults, Imhe could only retort weakly.

"B#%$^, please. We don't need to hear your loud squeaking. So do us a favor and silently follow BEHIND."

"...Grr!! Your words are unnecessarily harsh! Watch your dirty mouth!"

"I wash my mouth every meal. Maybe you are talking about yours?" With an attempt to sniff in the air, Fatima pinched her own nose. "Eeew.. It really is you! Urrg."

Imhe's face was no longer a lovely pale hue, but red as a boiling kettle. "I hope you bite your own tong----" She bit her own tongue. 

Her careless actions earned her Fatima's melodious laugh. "Ha ha ha ha! You are such a dumb female dog. Serves you right!"

Ulla's ears were starting to bleed. With an exasperated sigh, she walked ahead faster.

  ● ●●●●● 

"So you are saying, those beasts were unusual to you?" Asked Raize.

"Yea. I have never seen such huge powerful beasts throughout these lands. Even in Sabrina. Although I admit, I've only been exploring around Sabio, so it could just be my hunch telling me something is happening, and it's bad."

"Sabrina?"

"It's the continent where I came from. You guys should visit me there some day. My family's got enough to serve you and your friends a proper accommodation." Suggested Kiel with a smile.

"That would be wonderful. Speaking of which. Since you came from the same world as us, who were you?" It was a question Raize had been drilling in his mind since hearing Lea's name from Kiel's mouth.

"Someone you wouldn't want to associate with." His wry smile expressed that they shouldn't ask anything further. 

"Okay. Another question."

"Hm?" Kiel absentminded replied as he cut away long and thick leaves obstructing their path.

"When you fought earlier, I never saw you use any essence manipulation. Why did you choose not to when it could have been done faster?"

"Oh. You mean magic? I can't feel them, unfortunately. I'm still sad about it."

Surprised by Kiel's words, Raize could only pose another question. "You mentioned you are only temporarily living in Sabio, is there another reason why?"

"Hmmm. Aside from finding my job not too enjoyable after all, I'd love to explore the rest of Ingrid."

"Understandable." With a nod, Raize became thoughtful.

"Hey, K-Kiel? Can't you tell us more about your relationship with Lea?" Bright asked, feeling anxious by his own question. He could see how important her name was to him.

"Not yet, until I am sure. But I definitely can't wait to meet her once again, if it is really her. This time, nothing else would be in the way." Upon his words, his face revealed an ecstatic expression. One that others would deem dangerous but delightful.

"???" Bright was even more lost. But he felt Kiel wouldn't say any more about Lea.

Raize looked on Kiel's silver eyes, and his mind submerged into deep thought once again. His heart was restless, but nothing could be done with it at the moment.