Tatlumput-pito

K a r o l i i n a

"You're a pretty one." The black haired man runs a finger down the side of my face, catching a tear that is falling.

At least five men had brought me to him. I was with my team, but now all of them were dead. I didn't know what ran through their minds when they decided to spare me and send me to this wretched man.

I know of him. Eric had told me stories of the times from when he was a fresh leader. His first biggest accomplishment was throwing this man out of Dauntless to pay for his sins.

"She's associated with Eric." My breathing stops. No.

"Hmm, really?" The man has a shit-eating grin on his face. He bites his lip in contemplation for a few seconds, and the next words he speaks completely breaks my heart.

"I know a way to end this," He smirks at me, "And that'll be because of your doing, dear."

He's decided to make me a pawn to lure Eric.

My tears are messily dropping down from my eyes and slowly, I can feel myself start having difficulty in breathing.

I won't let myself live if I'll be the reason Eric loses his life. 

Kieran, the black haired man from earlier, drags me to a small platform, right in the middle of the battlefield. He had shot my arm a while ago, saying how he was just bored and that he hoped I don't take it personally.

"It's not you," He fakes a sad face, "It's your fucktard of a boyfriend." 

E r i c

Maybe Karma is being a bitch and she's trying to bite my ass.

But if I do something for the right reason, it won't require Karma, right? I sent the disgusting man away because he was--and still is--a piece of scum. 

Maybe because I kept torturing initiates? Or cussing Four out countless of times in private? Or secretly having a smoke?

Whatever the reason is, I regret it. Because Karoliina is paying for my sins.

A gun shot echoes and soon after, a scream follows. I stand rigidly, eyes wildly looking around for a way to get to Lee without being seen. I've wasted so much time already. I need to save her now.

"Come on, pal," Kieran booms. My chest constricts, "You don't want this pretty little girl dead, do you?"

All I can hear are Lee's sobs. My heart clenches in fear. I can't hide anymore. I have to let her get to that damn oak tree, even if I won't be there to meet her.

My footsteps are cautious and uncertain as I walk to the middle of the area. I see a dozen or so guns immediately aim at me, but those aren't what scare me. 

Up on a higher level, I see Kieran, and Lee is slumped on her knees before him. My vest is bloody, but hers is so much bloodier than mine. I see her clutching her bleeding arm.

The son of a bitch shot her.

"Oh, wow," Kieran says, and in the small distance, I see his eyebrows raise, "I didn't actually think you would come out. I guess you're really over your bachelor days, huh?"

My eyes are glacial and icy, my expression cold and lethal. I've never felt the need to hurt someone so bad before, not even when Four irritates me whenever we're overseeing initiates.

"Let her go." I say, my voice clipped and dripping with hate.

"Where's the fun in that? She's pretty enough for me to rape, don't you think?"