Chapter Forty Nine : Death's Warning

Dedicated to : @itschelseasdm

(A/N : 1 million reads... We made it! Thanks a lot!)

[Unedited]

******

Henry jerked his upper body up, looming over her struggling body as her hands quickly held his wrists in process to set free from his iron grip.

"Are you not enjoying this.. Rose?" He seductively whispered and leant closer to her ear. Her eyes were as wide as glowing sockets and mouth agaped and closed in quick motions. "You forgot the way we make it up, huh?" He growled with a visious smile.

He moved his head from the crook of her neck to her face and pressed his fingers with a greater force on her neck. But when he looked into her eyes, they were watery. Something inside of him told him to stop, he couldn't stand her struggling face.

"H-Henry.. please.. don't hurt me.. your highness, please. " She chocked and did her best to breath and pushed his chest with her small hands to shove him off her.

When he heard the same voice and the tears with same emotions that he never wanted to see on her, his hold loosened. He didn't want to, but hurting Rose was out of his control.

"Henry.. L-love.." She choked again as her system struggled for oxygen. At the mention of something he usually heard from her lips, he unhanded her but placed his hands on either side of her neck, on the mattress to keep her trapped underneath him.

She took deep gasps of breaths and closed her eyes. A tear escaped, rolling down her flushed cheek and his heart ached at the sight. How could he kill her? Damn, he couldn't even think of hurting her again. His heart still pains at the memories of his dark past with Rose.

"W-why?" She looked up at his eyes with agony in her eyes and his gaze softened at her. Placing his fingers on her cheek, he wiped the tear and apologized, "Forgive me, doll. I didn't mean to hurt you.." His jaw twitched and he brushed a hair stand off her face.

Henry pulled her up by her waist along with him in a sitting position and cupped her face with his hand. Rose's expression changed suddenly and she shook her head in dismissal, "I thought you were changed.. "

Hearing these words, his heart beat stilled. How could he do that to her again? Henry felt sudden pang of guilt and shifted to hold her in his embrace but stopped when he saw her turn to the other side with her bare back facing him. "No." Rose whimpered with her voice barely audible.

"Rose.. Please. I am sorry." He trailed off and snaked his arms around her waist slowly, dragging her closer. He placed his face on the crook of her neck and inhaled deeply. Descending his canines, he lightly scratched her skin to draw out her moans but she bit her lip hard and his eyes snapped opened when felt a drop on his cheek. He quickly pulled away and spun her by her waist around to find her sobbing quietly.

Henry brought his hands to her face and gently wiped the tears then softly kissed her eyes. "Don't cry, my love." He whispered placing a kiss on her forehead and rocked her back and forth like a baby in his embrace.

"I stayed away from you for so long..." She muttered looking up at his eyes," I waited for you all along. I hoped that you would come save me from that man but you were late.. " Rose reluctantly pulled away and looked away from him. "I ran away on my own and when I found you.. I asked for just one thing... that was your love but you denied." She closed her eyes and breathed out.

"I didn't deny, Rose. It was just a very odd-" Henry was soon cut off when she burst out in anger which was very unlike her usual self, "Yes. Yes, you did! If you loved me then you would not have strangled me to death. Staying away from your husband in some other man's bedroom who threatens you enough to have goosebumps is just easy! And when you finally find your love... how would you feel, Henry.. when you get denied for a simple request? All I asked for was you. Just you. " Her lips quivered and pool of unshed tears gathered in her eyes.