Chapter 4

Angela POV

"What?" I whisper.

My face turn into a horror one and my head was refusing to believe such words.

"Roman Aurelio? How long was he here?" The police asked shocked and he look at the older kids.

"Only around thirty minutes maybe." The boy with brown hair said.

"Why didn't you call earlier?"

"We tried to but the guy with blonde hair, Stefen Miguel warn us not to use a single phone while their here."

"Didn't you all try calling quietly?"

"We wanted to but he crushed each of our phone."

They showed the police where there's a pile of broken phones on the ground.

"We receive a call twenty minutes earlier by a guy name David Johnson. Do you know him?"

"No, but we think it was Stefen who called you because after he used his phone, he stomp it and throw it into the river."

A short kid point to the left where a river is at. The police ask them questions and they answered it.

My mind was in a mess right now and I feel like I wanted to black out then and there.

What is going on? They can't be real right? His a nice guy, there's no way he would kill Mrs. Callahan.

Then I remember when he left me in the kitchen with this blonde guy name Stefen.

~*~*thirty minutes earlier*~*~

After Roman left me alone in the kitchen, I walk to the dining table and put the cream and gauze that I found inside a drawer of the shelf.

A footsteps enter the kitchen and the blonde guy entered look at me while I applied the cream on my hand carefully.

He lean against the wall and look while I hiss and bite my lip when the pain was still unbearable to hold back.

BANG!

I startle in my seat at the sound of door slamming and look at the archway, the guy who's leaning on the wall just scratch his jaw and look at my hand.

"What was that?" I said quietly and was about to go and see what's going on when the guy from before suddenly place his hand on my shoulder and push me down back.

"Let me help you with your hand." He said and walk to the small kitchen.

A sound coming from behind me and a large veiny hand place the ice wrap in a towel on my hand. I look at the blonde guy who kneel beside me.

"Here."

He carefully take my hand and wait until my hand feel numb. He then wipe the wetness away carefully and applied the cream on my skin. After that he warp the gauze around my hand and clean the things on the table.

"Thank you mister...." I said and wait for him to tell me his name.

He turn around after he put the cream on the counter and wash his hands.

"Miguel. Stefen Miguel." He told me and I smile at him.

"Thank you Mr. Miguel, I'm Angela. An Orphan here."

He nodded his head and lean back against the wall with his head resting against it.

I wanted to talk to him but it seems he was a quiet type. So we just stay in silence before I lay my head down to rest for a while.