Chapter 41: I Have Great Self-Control*

As I walked into the alley right next to the Iron Fist, I saw two shadows emerging from the dumpsters.

"Who are you?" I shouted to the figures.

"Boss sent us to take you to the warehouse," One of them said, "Are you going to come in peace or do we have to use force to take you out of there?"

"I will come in peace," I said sighing, "But if you try any force, I will not hesitate to use force in return."

"Deal," the guy said.

***

As I was brought into a small room with a desk and a chair, I was praying that the plan would work and we would be able to take down my father's gang. I sat on one side the desk and crossed my arms. The door opened and in came my father. He went to his rotating chair and sat down.

"Maxine, it's nice to see you again after two years," Father said and I scoffed.

"I wouldn't say the same," I said and my father chuckled.

"You still have that fire inside you that is never going to extinguish," Father said.

"I got that from you..." I said trailing off, "Why do you want to meet with me? What is the deal?"

"I am going to ask you this once again, do you want to join my gang?" Father asked and I was relieved that he asked me, but I had to make it harder for him to convince me or it would seem suspicious.

"Why are you even asking me? Why are you trusting me even though I practically attacked your gang two years ago?" I asked sternly.

"Because you agreed to talk Maxine. I know that you want to repair our father-daughter relationship," Father explained and I sighed. I sucked in my breath and played along.

"I do and as much as I hate you for putting us through pain, you are still my dad," I lied and it seemed to please my father.

"Well Maxine, join me in the Viper Gang?" Father asked and I thought about it for a moment. This would be too easy, I had to put conditions on this deal, so my Father would believe me more.

"On one condition, you do not assign me to deal any drugs or kill anyone," I said and my father smiled.

"Welcome to the Viper Gang Maxine or Stone Fox," Father said as he stood up. I stood up alongside him.

"I am just confused Dad, why are you so easy to trust me?" I asked trying to make myself seem unsure.

"Well I know my daughter and it could protect you. Ever since you showed your face back into the fighting world, some of my members want to kill you since you caused havoc two years ago. If you join, they are forced to respect you under my orders," Father said and I nodded. This was perfect; I was able to find information without worrying too much about being killed in the gang. I knew that some people would leave me alone, but some members might still have a grudge against me. Honestly, it's easier to keep an eye on some, then all. My father insisted on introducing me to the whole gang, so he called a meeting for everyone to come. He brought me on the top of the stairs and started to introduce me.

"Viper Gang, this is my daughter Maxine, you might know her as Stone Fox. She has agreed to join us as an equal and I expect that you treat her with respect," Father announced and some people nodded.

"How do you know this isn't a trick? She did attack us two years earlier!" a guy shouted from the back.

"Well I understand why you would say that, but I am just trying to repair my relationship with my father. I changed my mind, shouldn't you be open to letting me change?" I asked challenging him.