2| Quell

Four years later, the present day.

Yokohama.

Deep, ruthless and eternal slumber- welcome back to being trapped.

I couldn't remember the last time I voluntarily slept, for I knew what lurked on the other side awaiting me. For years I suffered from disastrous nightmares which engulf me for weeks. But over these four years, when I had endured the most pain in my life, I became friendly to the fiendish creatures which prowl in my head like caged animals. The shadows would grab my face, wrap around my limbs, owning my entire body and souls and making its mark.

They tried to controlled me.

Until I finally gave in, leaving me fearless.

I thought I couldn't imagine a life without him, but all of a sudden, I was living that life.

And all I had left when my world disappeared was my darkness- My dangerous and addictive drug.

"Wake up for gods sake!"

I heard an angered raise of a familiar voice, then a sudden slap around the side of my face.
I jolted up instantly from the sharp pain on my left cheek, and scramble in my bed in panic.

"What?! Who-" I scan my house, alert. My chest fluctuated steadily, heart arising within me. My eyes eventually rested on a pair of pristine crystal eyes beside me.

I relaxed a little.

It was just Chuuya. But he looked pretty pissed... Did he really have to slap me?

"How did you... get in here?" I ask him, sighing. I sounded like I was still half asleep, voice deep and groggy. He's already dressed in his usual attire, black thin long jacket which hang over his shoulders, a waist coat to match and his unique hat. His arms were crossed, foot tapping, eyes sharp.

"I have your spare house key, remember?" he said, dangling the key in front of my drowsy eyes like a pendulum.

"Oh yeah." I mutter to myself. I rub my eyes, erasing the heavy feeling they had on them that were weighing them down.

And then I thought of something- Why was Chuuya here?

"Come on, get up sleepy head. We don't have much time." He informs me, before leaving me and heading out of my room. The memory of Sunday afternoon last week came back to me after a few second- We had been assigned with a new mission set for this morning, one to deal with some crooks. I yawn, then tossed my duvet covers over the other side of the bed, a little irritated going to a mission so early. I lazily crawled out of bed like a toddler, and stood up, a few bones clicking when my body suddenly changes from its fixed position for almost twenty hours... Or maybe thirty? Maybe even a couple of days? My head suddenly fuzzes, and I grasp it as I slowly walk my way outside of my room, trying not to stumble over the ample books that I had collected. Dizziness was common for me after waking up from a prolonged sour sleep.

Outside of my room was a little bit more on the plain side. It had a basic, fancy grey wallpaper, which started to peel at the corners. I had walnut wooden flooring with a dark grey rug to match the walls, and on top of that was a chestnut coffee table and sofa, looking out of the glass walls. It was quite open planned (besides from the bedroom and bathroom, which is what I liked). I moved in not too long ago, and I didn't have the time to buy anything else then what I had.

"Did you forget todays mission?" He says from my left. He was in my kitchen, probably making something for us.

"No...I didn't. I just overslept like usual, you know why."