liii.

You and Dean quietly tutted into your home town after the last four hours of just talking with Dean.

"Wow.." Dean said, leaning over and looking out at your home.

"What?" You asked.

"I just never imagined you as a farm girl." He referenced to the vast farmland around you. You chuckled nervously, truth was this Aunt of yours that you were so close with was going to be your mother in law.

The Impala pulled into the driveway of their old home and already you felt uneasy. Just extremely uncomfortable and scared considering it had been not months, but years since you'd been back here.

"Well, nice neighborhood." Dean helped you out of the car.

"Yeah. Real quiet, it was a nice place." You smiled, remembering some fond memories. "Learned to ride my bike down the road. Had my first kiss at that blue house over there, it was my house. Lost my virginity up there." You pointed up to the house you were approaching.

"I'll bet blue house was pissed." Dean smiled, mischievously. You remembered how furious your mother was.

"She was." You shuttered away, you looked down at Amara, having her in your arms really began to bother you, "Do you mind?"

"Yeah. Hey, beautiful." Dean accepted the baby girl in his arms. Seeing him so paternal really got you going.

"Anyway, That's why I asked you to bring us here. After everything that happened, it just feels safe. This baby needs something stable and protected." You explained.

"Well, good. Safe is good." Dean agreed. He was occupied with Amara in his arms as she wiggled closer into Dean, he shushed her as she was attempting to cry.

"You're so great with her." You admired him, holding onto his arm. It was so strange seeing him in this setting. Outside of all the hustle and bustle, just in the safety and quiet.

"Well, what can I say? Chicks dig me." He smiled.

"No argument there." You smirked, and he laughed, kissing your cheek.

"Well, shall we?" He offered, looking up the driveway.

"Oh, you wanna stick around?" You looked pleasantly surprised.

"I've got some time to kill, I'm sure Sammy can handle an extra hour. I'll just get you settled in here, maybe hear a few embarrassing stories, get a few baby pictures.." Dean teased you and you hit his side, biting your lip in a feign of anger.

"That won't be happening." You threatened. Then if he was staying you knew you had to warn him.

But of course, that was way too easy.

"(Y/N)?" You heard an older woman's minnesota accent from up the way, "Oh, my goodness! (Y/N)! Allie, honey! (Y/N)'s here!"

Dean smiles and you two begin walking up to the house. The older woman, looking just as she did years ago with short dyed brown hair and bright blue eyes, runs to you to give you a big hug.

"Hi, Meredith." You greeted her, accepting the embrace.

"What are you doin' all the way up here, again? We haven't heard from you in.. well.." she led on but you didn't want what was going to come out come out.

"It's a long story." You said.

"Well, we have time, come on in." She grabbed your arm and led you in, Dean close behind.

"(Y/N)!" Allie, Duke's much younger sister came running down the steps. She must be a Senior in High School now. She was adopted by their family, she was a beautiful young Latina girl now with long dark hair and big dark eyes. She also had a prominent beauty mark on the side of her nose that suited her perfectly. You remembering seeing her when she was in her awkward 12 year old phase and how beautiful she had become.

"Hi, honey." You hugged her, feeling a lot of emotions coming. 4 years you hadn't come back here.

"Who'd you bring with you?" Allie asked, noticing Dean with Amara still in his arms.

"Uh.." you swallowed nervously, "This is my boyfriend, Dean. Dean this is Allie, and Meredith."

"Hi, nice to meet you." He offered a charming smile. "I'd shake your hands, but.." he chuckled about the baby in his hands. Both of them were obviously a little taken aback, reminding them of their hurt. Which was exactly why you were never supposed to come back.

"Oh!" Meredith was taken a bit aback, but came to him with her arms out, offering to take the baby. "And who's this little Angel?"

"Well, (Y/N) and I were stuck in a freak storm in Superior, Nebraska and found this little one wrapped in a blankie, we couldn't leave her." Dean said, excellently lying under pressure.

"That weatherman I don't like with the big teeth, he said some kind of freak storm hit Superior. I had no idea you would be caught in that!" Meredith said, rocking the baby back and forth.

"Yeah. It was... crazy." You said, sighing, "I hope you don't mind us popping in. I didn't know where else to go."

"Well, don't you worry. What else is family for? I'm sure I still have Allie's old nursing stuff I can whip out. And if that thing rolls our way, I've got a generator and enough canned green beans to last till Judgment Day." Meredith smiled, "You got some strong arms, I can put you both to work no problem."

"I can't stay very long. I'm going to visit my brother back in Nebraska but I don't mind helping out as long as I can." Dean smiled, he was such a gentleman. You hadn't seen him like this, it felt so good. Dean felt it too, just to be normal for a night.

"Aw, thank you Sweetheart." Meredith smiled, Allie turned and walked up the steps without a word.

"Have you named her?" Meredith asked, trying to avoid unpleasantness.

"Her name is Amara." You told her, holding onto Dean for support through this.

"Beautiful name." Meredith admired, "Her folks just left her in that storm?"

"They're.. dead. Turned over truck, this little one is a miracle." Dean explained.

"Oh my goodness, you kids have had one heck of a day." She said, "Well, why don't you relax, maybe show your boyfriend around a bit and then take a nap"

"A nap?" You teased her.

"When's the last time you slept? Because -- and I mean this is the nicest possible way -- you look like poop on parade." She pushed some hair away from your face and wiped your bags under your eye. "Now, I'll make up the guest bedroom, and I'll have Allie go get the crib outta the basement, so I will put her down -- yes, I will -- while you two go upstairs and have a rest, all right?"

"Are you sure you don't want any help?" Dean asked, offering his strength.

"Relax for now, I'll let you know if I need a hand." She said walking up the steps.

"Thank you, Meredith." You said.

"We missed you, Dear. Anything for you." She said. And you smiled. You missed this.

"She seems nice." Dean said, hanging onto your waist.

"They're a sweet family." You said, remembering at one point you wanted to legally join them.

"It's nice to be normal for a few hours." Dean said, kissing your forehead. You leaned into his chest.

"Yeah, but normal gets boring." You admitted. "Plus, I don't know if I ever lived a normal life." You said, holding onto him, Dean was your present. Your future. He was all you wanted, everything around you was the past. This was what you wanted. Nothing is going to change that.