She is gone

Axel's Pov: 

"You idiot." My mother yelled at me as soon as opened the mansion's door. Her tone dripped with anger, rage and fury. Entering the house at a very early hour of the morning sounded like a good idea but now I knew that nothing good will come out of this day. Looking at my mother made me gap at her red eyes and tired facial expressions. She clearly didn't get any sleep and who can blame her. Sophia mostly have told her about our fight and I cannot blame her for that. I certainly deserve to be hated because I didn't say those three words back. 

"Mother." I saluted and tried to skip to my room to avoid whatever outbursts or frenzies of my mother 

"She is gone." My mother yelled at me making my blood freeze in my viens. I am already very tired and losing all strengths and senses but at such few words I became alert. I was expecting some reaction of Sophia. I expected her to cry, to hate me, to never talk to me again to just stay away from me and forbid me from holding her at night. But never did I expect escape. Where is she? Is she okay? If I try to find her will I find her? Does she want to be found? Is she that hurt? 

"When? Where? What did she tell you?" I asked in a rush ignoring all my aching muscles. 

Last night, staying with Liza exhausted me. She tried to either seduce me or find a way to her wine. I stayed up all night either pushing her away or pulling her away from her liquors. Liza , finally , after a fight that went on for three hours gave up and fell asleep in my hands. Every time, she tried to kiss me the image of Gem came to my mind. My head ached and still does ache as old and new memories rushed through it. I wanted to be there for Liza, to help her through her pains as she did when my father died and to prove to her that she is not alone. Yet something kept on nagging inside me, something kept on reminding me of Gem, her tears, her sobs and hurt eyes...How I wanted to comfort her and kiss her senseless but I guess my past took over me. The pains caused by death are greater than losing a lover, right?

"She texted Mitchell saying that it is all over. The contract must be annulled " My mother hushed throwing me an angry glare " She also said that she is safe and cared for." My mother continued "And lastly that she wants a divorce. As soon as possible, she said. So what the hell did you do to her?" My mother accused as her gaze hardened 

"I did nothing." I lied but my heart twisted in pain. I clearly lost whatever chance I had with Gem. Maybe I am the one who needs a drink now. Maybe that will shut the pains that are growing inside me and killing me. Where is my gem and who is caring for her?

"Mitchell and Bless are looking for her. They went all over. They visited her family but nothing. They even called her old best friend and crush Adam guy but nothing." My mother informed and my hands became fists in mere seconds

"Why would she be with him?" I nearly yelled letting my anger and frustration erupt

"Why were you with Liza?" My mother said back with the same tone 

"That's different." I tried to reason even though I knew that it is the same thing. The only difference is that Liza needed me while Adam didn't need gem at all.

"How is it different? You ran to save your old love and she would have copied you deed. Maybe she discovered that he is the only one who truly loved her." My mother fired at me and I wanted to argue to tell her that it is not right but will she believe me? Will gem ever believe me if I said to her that I care or no like or even love her?

"I am too tired for this." I slowly replied and silently begged for my mother to let me go

"You will surely regret this. When Mitchell called her, Sophia said that the divorce papers will be here soon. The least you can do since you don't love her is give her up without drama. Even the company is not worth living loveless for a lifetime. She deserves to find someone better, better than the gentleman that I thought that I brought." My mother blamed and walked away leaving me to sink in regret.

"Dammit." I yelled cursing whatever came to mind and kicking whatever is near 

Entering my now slightly illuminated room made a rush of cold invade me. I stood at the door watching my bed and the sofa silently. There I slept for days ignoring Gem. There laid Liza's couch like a barrier between us. There it all started; the innocent flirting, the smiles, the passion and care...Now all washed in darkness and slight light as if lamenting the leaving figure that usually gave it life and made it look harmonious. This room is clearly not mine anymore as every furniture of it had gem's imprint on it. Every corner of it seemed to scream her name wanting her back...Or is that my heart. Dragging my feet at the fastest rate that I can, I walked to my usually comfortable bed but now all smelled like her. All wanted her and I just sat there my thoughts unclear, troubled and anxious for a certain brunette. 

Sophia's Pov ( A few days later SpongBob sound effect )

After weeping and crying, after endless nights and tiring days, after tons of ice cream, I decided to finally take charge and do something, anything to progress with my life. I need to move on. He , who should not be named, didn't look for me, only Mitchell, Bless and Olivia did. I had to call my family to tell them that I am fine. Mitchell had them worried but I cannot blame he was being the best best friend that a girl can ask for. Adam also is being a gentleman. He knows that I don't like to cry in front of anyone. So he lets me weep and go to him when needed. He gave me his guest room and bought me chocolate and ice cream. He went out and bought me cheesy romance stories because I love those. He kept on saying that it was awkward to buy them and that the seller was eyeing him in a ridiculous way. But at least I found comfort in such fantasizes, away from Axel, away from his Liza, away from being unwanted by him.

 Today, I start working on my goals; First, a new job and second a lawyer for the divorce.

Those two are related to Luca Felton.  And in an hour I am going to meet him. I dressed as nicely as the word "professional" allows and went to hire and work for the same man.

As my heart beats accelerated,

My breaths hitched, 

Hands suddenly sweaty,

And cheeks turning red,

I am putting an end to this. 

I am taking charge of my life.

I am divorcing Axel and hopefully stepping away from him.