fifty-six

what to do

"You have Jack," she repeats.

"Of course," Pitch answer. "It wouldn't be much of a deal, if it only involved Chase now would it? Adding the boy you would do anything for, would make it the deal much more fun, wouldn't it?"

"Is that all?" Cher asks.

"No, there is another decision, call it the hard way," Pitch answers. "You could try to get both of them, of course. I mean it wouldn't be much of a good guy vs. bad guy fight, if I didn't give you the chance to save the day."

"What happens if I pick that?"

With that question, two dark horses walk up and stand beside Pitch, "my pets will have quite the fun time playing with you. You won't win that way, so pick Jack, or Chase."

Jack, or Chase. Chase, or Jack. One or the other.

"Let me see Jack first." Cher states.

Stall, and think of some plan. That's all Cher could think of. If she couldn't think of anything, than she had to just take Chase. This whole thing was about Chase, but there was still a small part of her that said to pick Jack. The whole thing with Sunny was because of him, the whole mess started because of her.

Pitch gestures over to the other corner, where she could faintly make out another cage in the darkness.

"Cher," Chase says, grabbing her attention. "Don't fight him, just pick Jack."

She ignores her older brother, "let me see him, just so I know you're not bluffing."

"Of course," Pitch says.

Her heart nearly stopped as she sees the familiar boy in the cage. His eyes were closed- he was probably knocked out like Chase was. His hair was still dark, but she swore she could see some of it was white, like before. His skin was still pale like ever.

She couldn't help herself, her fingers slowly reach out and touch his cheek. It didn't sting her like before. He wasn't as cold as she remembered him as, but it didn't sting to touch him. Which meant her powers over fire was dwindling, like Sunny had said.

"Jack," she whispers, softly. She could barely hear it herself. 

She knew what she had to do.

note ; so idk if you read the note in the last chapter, but i'll just repeat what i said just in case you didn't. today's the last update for a while, because i'm off to camp & won't be back until the 18th of august. however after that hopefully i'm able to update later that week. if not that probably means i'm tired! hope you enjoy this update, and don't forget to comment and vote!:)