Chapter 10

Mina’s POV

About two and a half weeks have passed since Chaeng found out about my accident. The thing I admired about her was that she didn’t pressure me to tell her more about it. She made sure to remind me that she was there for me all the time which was reassuring. Believe me, I want nothing more but to open up to her but I don’t know how to. I’ve never had to tell someone the whole story or how I feel because the only ones who mattered went through it day by day with me. Plus I wasn’t one to express my emotions, ever since my dad left I stopped trying. I wanted to be strong, not weak like everyone thought I was, especially him.

The day was going by relatively good. Today was Friday which meant just a few more classes and I’d get a little break. Lunch came and as I was enjoying my delicious food, Sana called for everyone’s attention at the table. Well actually just Chaeyoung and my attention.

“So I’m planning a sleepover for the 3 of us tomorrow. You guys can come later tomorrow and stay until Sunday since my parents will be on vacation. What do you guys say?” she said.

“Yeah that sounds awesome unnie!!!!” stated Chaeyoung at the same time I said “A sleep over? What! How about nah.” I replied.

“Aww~ come on, Minari, please~~” they both said.

“Urgh okay fine fine.” I gave in. I couldn’t say no to my bestfriend and to this smol cub.

Chaeyoung’s POV

It was finally Friday and I couldn’t wait for the sleepover. I already packed up some stuff, so I was just waiting until 5pm to go pick up Mina unnie then go to Sana’s. Apparently Mina unnie hates driving, probably because of her accident, but I didn’t want to force her to tell me.

I went to go pick up Mina unnie and while on the way to Sana’s house we sung some songs out loud. She’s definitely opened up a little more to me and I love that she did.

When we parked in Sana’s drive wat she came outside. Sana squealed and ran to give both of us a hug. When we got inside we agreed to order pizza and have a horror movie marathon. I like horror movies, but I know I’m going to have a hard time sleeping tonight. Oh well, at least I have an excuse for sitting so close next to Mina unnie. I made sure to sit on her right side to not make her uncomfortable.

I yelped when Freddy Kruger jumped out of nowhere. Give me a break, I’ve never seen a nightmare on Elm Street. So I got a little scared and kind of burrowed into Minari’s side. She laughed and gave me a gummy smile and went back to watching the movie. Three movies later we decided to stop. Then Sana unnie decided to play Truth or Dare. I love the game so much. I glanced at Mina unnie and she looked like she saw a ghost, it’s going to be fun messing with both of them.

“Since you picked dare Mina, you have to eat a tomato.” Said Sana unnie. I gave her a high five. Mina unnie hates raw food so much.

“I really hate you guys.” Mina unnie responded and she put the tomato in her mouth. Her face was priceless, and she almost threw up.

We kept on doing hilarious dares on one another, so I decided to switch it up and go with truth. Worst mistake ever.

“So Chaeyoung, is there anyone you have a crush on or thinking going out with?” asked Sane unnie.

“Of course there is, but I’m not going to hint at anything. So I say someone caught my eye and I don’t know if I’d do anything about it. Well it’s kind of the truth.”