Chapter 9 ~ Worried Souls

(STtale AU, SOUL trait and art were made by me.)

Killer's POV

"welp," I started, breaking the awkward silence. "that escalated quickly. anyways, where do you think horror's headin' off to?" Dust shrugged. "probably either to his room or universe. maybe the anti-void if nightmare gives him permission. but seriously, the fuck is up with him today?" "I don't know. wanna spy on him?" I asked with a smirk, Dust shook his skull. "I don't think it's neccassary, he'll tell me about the problems anyway. the last thing he told me was that he pitied the human. he might wanna know why he felt that way. horror didn't seem like he told me the whole story, though. it's like he's hidin' something."

I was about to suggest another idea when Nightmare walked out of the throne room, a furious aura was still coming from him. Not caring about how he might react, I smirked at him. "so, what were you three talking about? horror and underfell seemed pretty pissed 'bout something. I know it has something to do with them being incapable of holding the human in her cell. what kind of punishment did you gave 'em? another mission? a beating? oh, I know! they gotta clean the non-existent toilets! right?" Heh, I love being sarcastic.

Suddenly a tentacle picked me up and harshly threw me against the wall. "Enough!" Nightmare growled. "I'll throw you out a window if you don't shut your mouth! You spoke too much already." Before I could defend myself with the fact that I didn't even open my mouth to talk, he turned and walked down the corridor. Dust giggled to himself as I smirked. "so," He started. "seems as if nightmare dislikes you even more now. reminds me of swapfell in a way." "well, what can I say? I just can't resist the urge to mock the king."

Nightmare's POV

'Fucking boneheads can't do anything right!' I furiously thought as I headed towards the cells. 'Well, might as well see if Swapfell can keep the human better in her cell than those idiots.' On my way to the cells I made a short halt in the hallway that lead to the main bedrooms. I could hear Underfell punching his wall in anger. I scoffed as I continued my way over to the cells.

I didn't know why, but I had the feeling that someone called out for help. I sped up my walking pace without even realizing it. Strange, I've never felt like I should help someone before, so why now? Once I noticed that I was now running, I immediately stopped walking, confused by my own actions. "What the hell is wrong with me?" I quietly said to myself.

Suddenly, I heard muffled screams from the hostage's cell. I successfully held myself back from breaking down the door and just barging in. As I unlocked the cell door, I heard Swapfell saying "Oh fuck." Little did I know that he didn't say it because of me, but because of the human.

I fully opened the door. "Swapfell, what is the meaning of such a langu-- WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HER SOUL?!" I yelled as I ran over to the human's soul. The closer I came to it, the more I felt worried. Yeah, I know, me and worry don't fit.

The soul was yellow with dark grey outlines, but that wasn't why I was so interested in it. It was dull with serveral cracks around the edges, it probably should be a lot brighter than that. As I looked back at Swapfell I noticed the whip in his glove. The fact that those idiots were already getting on my nerves was enough to make me mad, but now I was even beyond furious. My anger took over and I aimed my tentacles at Swapfell, who dodged in shock. I growled as I swiftly wrapped a tentacle around Swapfell, lifting him up. He tried to struggle while I tightened my grip, making him whimper.