Chapter Seventeen

Aaron followed Dante's car to the hospital. Upon reaching the hospital they were guided to the private wings.

Aaron needed to see her, to know that she was doing better.

They saw Rose sitting with another woman who was crying. Rose got up when she saw both the men and the other woman headed down the opposite corridor.

"How is she?" Aaron asked Rose.

"She is heavily sedated right now and the doctor said they are going to keep her like that for a few days." Rose explained as she hugged Aaron. "We will make it through this alright?" She said as she patted his back. Then she pulled back and inspected his face. "You need to get yourself fixed up "Rose said as she pointed to his left eye, where a C shaped bruise had formed around the edge of his eye and cut over his eyebrow from Franco's punch.

"Yeah I will" Aaron muttered. Both his knuckled were also scraped.

"We are always here for you, a call away" Rose said

"Thank you" Aaron replied as he kissed her cheek. He seriously didn't know what he would do without these two. "But who is she?" He said referring to the woman who was sitting with Rose.

"That is Samantha. She is Elaine's best friend and her brother's fiancee...I had no clue that poor Elaine is going through much. Samantha told me everything. She is her emergency contact so they called her down the moment she was admitted."

"Okay" Aaron was glad that Sam was here as well.

"Honey, you need to come home and rest now" Dante said as he pulled her close and rubbed her back.

"Yeah my feet have swollen an awful lot. Only two more months to go" Rose said as she rubbed her pregnant belly.

"And I am sorry for that man" Aaron said as he pointed to Dante's bruised jaw and a crepe bandage on his wrist, which Aaron had sprained after twisting it forcefully.

"Don't worry. We are even now for that other day at kickboxing."

Aaron hugged both of them and they took their leave for the day. He walked to the benches outside the room and sat down. A minute later he heard Samantha sit down next to him.

"Hello I am Samantha, Elaine's friend" She said.

Aaron looked at her. She had light brown hair which was cut short, fell above her shoulders and light blue eyes.

"I am Aaron Clark"

"I didn't know she was seeing someone"

Aaron knew his silence was rude but he was in no mood of small talk right now.

"I shouldn't have fought with her" She said quietly, more to herself.

Aaron looked back up at her. She had tears in her eyes.

"Elaine will understand" Aaron said and cleared his throat. This was awkward. He  didn't know what fight she was talking about.

"You need first aid."

"Yeah I will get around to it"

"I will go get a nurse" She said and Aaron didn't reply, simply letting her do whatever she wanted. A moment later she returned with a nurse.

The nurse checked his forehead cut and cleaned it and taped it. She then bandaged his knuckles.

"Thank You" He said to the nurse

"Get prescription for painkillers if it bother alright son?"

"Okay, thank you." Aaron said.

Dr. Germann stepped out of Elaine's room and both Aaron and Sam stood up.

"Physically, her injuries are not that extensive. No internal injuries. However the factor I am worried about is her mental health. She might need extensive therapy after she physically overcomes this ordeal but for now we have kept her sedated."

"For how long?" Aaron heard and Sam sniffed, tears flowing down her face.

"Till tomorrow night, we will see how it goes from there" Dr. Germann explained.

"Thank you Doctor" Aaron said.

"If you have any other questions, feel free to come to my office." the doctor said and took her leave.

"You should go rest" He said to Sam, she looked dead on her feet, who in return looked at him like he had grown a third head.

"I am not going anywhere"

"I was just---"Aaron's phone cut off his sentence.

"Clark" He answered without looking at the caller id his eyes still on Samantha who was glaring daggers at him. What did he do?

"You need to come down to the precinct. I have called up your lawyer. He will be meeting us there. They have brought that asshole down there after he was taped up and checked by the doctor"

"Alright I will be there as soon as possible" Aaron said and hung up.

"I am here. You go. Don't worry" Sam said

"I need to see her before I leave"

Sam simply nodded and stepped aside.

Aaron stepped inside and looked at Elaine.

"Hey love" Aaron said as he sat down next to her bed. He gently stroked her forearm as her hand had IV lines.

He looked at her beautiful face, battered with bruises and cuts.

"I promise I will make that bastard pay for this. Also I am sorry I couldn't be there to protect you. It is killing me every second Elaine thinking that what if I could have stayed...But I swear upon my own soul that from this moment on wards I will protect you...protect you with my everything and never let any harm come to you...because from these past few days you have come to mean everything to me...you made me realize what love is...I love you..."

Comment and Vote

Please <3