3 - cozy christmas

"Are you sure I didn't do anything weird yesterday?" Robert asked for the seventh time that day. Jackson rolled his eyes as he grabbed a packet of cookies from the shop shelf. The two were standing in a chilly Sainsburys in the centre of Brighton. There weren't many people since everyone was with their families for christmas.

It's more like I did weird things yesterday...

"You really don't remember anything?" Jackson asked. Robert nodded.

"Zilch, nothing at all! I'm getting nervous now... what if I did something super stupid and embarrassing," Robert said exasperated.

"Well you did throw of your jumper at one point and yelled 'I am the king of vodka' half naked..." Jackson said thoughtfully. He couldn't help but stare at his assistant's chest lustfully that night, the thought making Jackson blush. Robert groaned inwardly.

"Are you kidding me? Was there anything else I did?" Robert said face bright red. Jackson chortled as he continued to shove junk food and sweets into his shopping basket.

"Well there was one thing..." He said. Robert froze.

"What? What did I do!?" He yelped fearfully.

"Uh... well... you called me by my first name..." Jackson said, turning his head away from Robert bashfully.

"I did?" Robert said, shocked. "Um well... I apologise, drinking makes me really informal towards work friends," he said apologetically. Jackson never let anyone call him by his first name, that was rule number one in the workplace.

My name is Alonso Jackson but only refer to me as Jackson for Alonso means nothing to me

"I- I would really like it if we could be friends," Jackson said suddenly. "I mean... friend friends, not just work friends," he stuttered, face red. Robert stood motionless for a moment, stunned by the fact that his boss just asked him if they wanted to be friends.

"I would really like that sir," he said eventually with a warm smile that shot daggers into Jackson's heart.

"You can call me Alonso if you want," Jackson stammered.

"I thought that no one calls you Alonso," Robert retorted accusingly but jokingly.

"Only my friends call me Alonso and uh... I don't exactly have friends, " Jackson replied shyly. Robert laughed and Jackson frowned. "Shush, I never really had time to make friends when I'm running around solving murders," he added hastily.

"Well... we're friends now!" Robert said, daring to link arms with Jackson.

Jackson flushed red but was thoroughly pleased. Robert body was warm through the borrowed jumper he wore. It was a sweet sensation compared to the cool of Jackson's own skin.

We look like a couple... Jackson thought happily though he would never admit it.

"Are you doing anything for Christmas Robert?" Jackson asked peering down to the chubby boy below. Robert shook his head.

"I was invited to a... family gathering but I told them I was busy," he said quietly.

I guess mafia gatherings aren't that fun then...

"I'm not planning on doing anything either, do you want to just watch a movie at mine?" Jackson asked, surprised with how calm his voice was. He was literally asking Robert on a date.
Robert looked up at Jackson.

"Ah, really? Do you really want to spend Christmas with someone like me?" He asked, surprise echoed his voice. Jackson frowned.

"Why wouldn't I?" He asked. Robert wrangled his free hand.