[22] octopus

also i mention the words "bed and breakfast" and "b&b" — in case you guys were slightly confused, a 'bed and breakfast' is

thank you for reading so far !
__________

taehyung focus
hungry and tired because he hasn't ate or slept properly in the past two days, the older leans back against the pillow and lets the cotton sheets engulf him as he relaxes his body. his right leg's propped up on a couple of messily stacked thin cushions stolen from the room's armchair, and an ice pack sits on the swollen part of his ankle, doing its job and cooling down the ugly swell.

taehyung silently studies the room granny yoo had bagged for them (turns out her younger sister ran the place and was more than happy to give a 50% discount for "such handsome boys"). it's a cosy looking room; the faded baby blue and white colour scheme comforted taehyung — the colours reminding him of the nursery he had shared with his hyung when he was younger. a queen sized bed donning white crisp sheets, sits against a wall alongside two sets of plain drawers on either side. a single navy armchair and a chestnut brown coffee table is situated at the foot of the bed. there are doors set in the room's walls which lead to the toilet and to a tiny balcony where smaller potted plants reside.

taehyung drags his eyes downwards at the pot of steaming ramen noodles which warms his hands (and was kindly given by the owner of the b&b after granny yoo's firm orders) and the pair of chopsticks sitting besides him on the bed. he reaches over and breaks the chopsticks apart, and whilst doing this, raises his eyes and watches the boy in front of him eat with awe.

he'd never seen anyone eat so fast.
jungkook sits hunched in a tasteful armchair across taehyung's bed, ravenously gulping down the contents of his pot noodle — the wooden chopsticks in his hands are a blur as he repeatedly and hurriedly forces the soggy noodles down his throat, downing the food with large gulps of water. taehyung pauses halfway in the breaking of his chopsticks, his mouth a small 'o' as he watches on with fascination.

jungkook must've felt taehyung's gaze on him because the boy looks up, snapping his glare on to taehyung — who quickly looks away. holding his chopsticks midway to his half full mouth, jungkook blankly questions taehyung. "what?"

taehyung looks down at his untouched pot noodle.
he looks back up to see an unimpressed jungkook staring at him.
he lifts his noodles slowly, offering the pot to jungkook. "m'not hungry," he hums, motioning for jungkook to take the noodles.

jungkook looks surprised for a split second but quickly recovers himself, standing up to reach over and grab the still hot noodles.
"don't complain later saying that you're hungry." he orders, sitting back down in his seat.

"i won't." taehyung mumbles as he lies down, pressing his face against the soft pillow and falling asleep almost instantly after the long day he's had.