Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14

Arabella Baine

“HELP,” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I push Rylan onto his bed.

“What? What’s going on?” Jake looked at me alarmed, before looking at his unconscious Alpha. “What happened to him?”

“I don’t know,” my body shook in fear as Rylan let out grunts in pain. “We were just talking and…And he fell. It looked like he was in pain. What’s happening to him?”

“It’s the power. He would be unconscious for days because his body needs to prepare itself for the sharing of your powers,” Jake moved Rylan onto the center of the bed and tucked him in nicely. “I’ll get the pack doctor to have a look at him. I know that you may despise him because of what he’s done but…. He needs you now more than ever, Bells. He’d need you by his side through all the pain and he’d need you to take over the pack while he’s unconscious.”

At that, my head shook fiercely. I wasn’t capable of leading a pack of werewolves. Hell, I can’t even shift into one! “I can’t! They won’t accept me, Jake. They won’t because I can’t shift and Rylan hasn’t introduced me to them.”

“I’ll call for a pack meeting. I can sense that many of them are up due to your screams,” he furrowed his brows, meaning that he was talking to them in mind link. “The doctor should be up in a bit. Let us go to the living room and have a talk with the pack members.”

“I…Can’t. You’re the Beta of this pack, Jake. You should do it,” I looked at him pleadingly, but he challenged me with the determination in his eyes.

“I’m sorry, but you are the Luna now. You have every right to take over,” he sighed softly, before dragging me out of the room. “The doctor will be up in a few. The pack is ready for the little announcement.

As we neared the living room, I heard many whispers and chatters. What would they think of me? Damn it, I was even planning on leaving the place as soon as the morning struck. I couldn’t bear to stay here and-

“Hello, everyone,” Jake said smoothly as the pack greeted him back.

“What is going on, Beta Jake?” An elder woman asked.

“What happened to Rylan?” A man asked, looking at me questioningly.

“Rylan is not in a good state right now. He is unconscious,” gasps filled the room as they all looked at me. I felt myself shake a little at their intense gazes. “Yes, Rylan will be out for a few days or even weeks. He has found his mate and completed the mating bond with her.”

“That’s great,” one cheered.

“Yeah! A Luna? Finally!” another added.

“I’m glad that you’re all taking it well. I’ve brought your Luna with me today,” Jake grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me in front of him. “Everyone, meet your Luna- Arabella!”

Silence filled the room as they all stared at me in shock. “What the hell!” A man groaned out.

“Are you kidding me?” A girl shrieked.

“She’s the daughter of the enemy, Jake! She can’t possibly rule over us!”

To that, Jake growled. “Don’t you dare speak to your Luna like that. Rylan would not like this if he was here. Now, Arabella will be taking over as Alpha while Rylan is recuperating. I expect all of you to treat her kindly and respectfully- just like how you’d treat Rylan.”