{19}

A/N: Not edited

Chapter Nineteen

"What do you mean you think your mum knows?" Casper demanded, munching on a chip that he had stole from James' plate at the table at the canteen they were holding while Hedgehog and Daisy stood in the ridiculously long queue. He wasn't sure where Logan was, he hadn't really seen anyone so far in that day except James, who was only now bringing up this major crisis at hand.

"What do you think I mean?" James replied, exasperated."Probably Maureen let her big, fat mouth run again."

Throughout the whole week his mother had been dropping hints that he knew but he couldn't be sure on whether he was being paranoid.

"Well, why do you think she knows?"

"I don't know, stupid things," James waved his hand, gesturing to said things."Like the other day when I was talking about tomorrow night she said she didn't even need to ask if you were coming or not since we're hardly away from each other and then said she was glad I didn't take up the drums because it would have been such a cliché!" He gave a cry," I don't even know what she was digging at with the whole drummer cliché thing but it made me feel a little insulted and I have no idea why."

Casper sighed, "Are you worried if she knew?"

James thought for a moment. "I would at least like to be your boyfriend for a while before telling the parents. But on the long run, no, I'm not worried because it seems that's she's not against it in any way, just easing the hell out of me and making me suffer."

Casper smirked, "sounds like someone else I know. Quite well in fact."

James glowered at him.

Casper rolled his eyes, "shut the fuck up with your eyes, you know it's true! If you're that irritated by it then talk to her," Casper concluded with a 'duh' tone.

"But what if I'm wrong though and she like faints or kicks me out or something?"

"Pretty sure that you're probably right about your mum, dude." Casper gave a half hearted smile." And even if they tried to kick you out Maureen would have a fit, my mum would adopt you in a heartbeat and Logan would kill to have you as a mansion mate."

James snorted."Mansion mate?"

Casper leaned in, grabbing another chip, swiped in ketchup and flicked it into his mouth."Y,know like flat mate? But because he lives in a mansion and all, and alone, he would-"

"Yeah I got it, thanks," he smiled fondly.

"Hey, you asked."

"Rhetorically."

"Whatever, you dick."

James was about to happily retort with heavy innuendos when Daisy appeared, slamming down her plate of fish and chips and groaning, "I swear to God, if they don't start taking down numbers and actually making the amount of meals even remotely reaching that number so people don't have to wait a million years waiting on a new batch of fish I am going to cut someone open." She looked pointedly at Casper and he gave a bored stare back but his eyes amused with her rant.

"You love me too much," Casper mused," kill James instead." He thumbed.

"Hey!"James protested lightly, shoving Casper who shouldered in return with a wide smile.

"I've decided to kill both of you," Daisy said, stabbing her fork into her chips.

Casper frowned."What's got your curls into knots?"

She shoved the chips, smothered in tomato sauce, into her mouth angrily and spat, "my curls are just fine. Lucy's spikes might have gotten a little flat though."