Your Undoing

(Unedited.)

The two siblings continued to stare at one another not saying anything. Evangeline was the first to break eye contact as she noticed Elijah was no where to be found. Her frown put a slight smile on Klaus' face once he realized what she was looking for.

"Where's Elijah?" When her younger brother shrugged with a knowing grin, her heart sank. "Klaus..you didn't?"
"I only did what he asked, reunited him with the rest of our family." Suddenly his voice grew dark. "Now, I suggest you take your 15 minute head start before you join them."

"No I won't run." Evangeline shook her head wiping away the single tear that had fallen. "I- I need something from you."
"Humor me." Klaus gestured with his handed.
"I need you to help me find a cure."
"A cure? For what?"
"A were bite."
"A bite from a werewolf? Now Eva, sure you know that we have no need for such things. You-" Klaus stopped and averted his eyes to Stefan. "Ah, I see."

"You just keep popping up, don't you?" Klaus glared slightly. "Alright. I'll bite. What is it you've come for?"

Stefan hesitated, eyes flickering to Evangeline who gave him an encouraging nod.

"We need your help... For my brother."

Salvatore Boarding House

It may have taken some time but someone had finally found Damon. That someone being Elena who was trying her best to make the vampire comfortable while waiting to here back from Stefan, or Evangeline, hell anyone. Elena already had a front row seat to the deteriorating effects a werewolf bite had on a vampire with Rose. She most certainly didn't want to come close to death again, not after she just barely escaped it yesterday, but she didn't want Damon to alone either.

He was a sweaty mess lying on his bed looking sick, skin paler than usual. Elena came and sat. down next to him, a towel in hand, patting away at his forehead and face.

"Evie?"

Elena sighed feeling bad. Neither or their significant others had called and in Damon's state she knew he needed her.

"It's Elena, Damon. You're not alone, I'm right here. Evie will be here soon. I promise."

It was a promise she wasn't sure if she could keep, but one she made nonetheless.

"Elena, get out of here. I could hurt you." Damon was lucid enough to know she was human.
"No. You won't. You've been making a good effort not to hurt the people you care about and I'm one of them.
"Get out of here!" His scream becomes a harsh cough.

Scooting closer, she pulled Damon into her arms.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. Hang on." She soothed. "Shh. It's ok. It's ok. It's ok."
"It's not ok. It's not ok." He shook his head slowly. "All those years, I've blamed Stefan. No one forced me to love her. It was my own choice."
"Shh,"
"I made the wrong choice. You tell Stefan I'm sorry. Ok?"

All the doppelgänger could do was nod as she cleaned his face with the towel again before resting her head against his.

Alaric's Apartment

In usual Klaus fashion, he was dramatizing everything. He had bitten Katherine, essential giving her a werewolf bite before forcing his open wrist into her mouth to show the cure is his blood. He had just finished putting his blood in a vial before turning his attention toward his sister and the younger vampire.

"Get on with it Nik. What are your requirements?" Evangeline's voice was tight with irritation.

They were running out of time.