12

After the secret was out, everything went back to normal. Except now, Lucy knew everything. There was not a single matter around the house that she did not know of.

Some were afraid and expected her to have hatred and leave the Family, but she proved them wrong. She stayed. And for that, they loved her even more.

Lucy became more precious to the family. Their bond became deeper and stronger than before.

.

.

She was strolling at one of the daily groomed gardens in the compound. Her hair on the loose and her white sundress playing with the wind, her feet were bare as they touched the green grass.

Lucy picked a red rose sprouting from one corner. A voice called out to her, getting her attention.  

“Lucy, Mira made you some snacks,” Juvia said, holding a tray with an orange juice and a slice of cake on it.

“Okay, Juvia. Just leave it on the table,” Lucy replied with a smile.

She gave her a nod and placed the tray on the white table at the center of the garden.

“And umm…I think Levy wants to have a word with you.” Juvia said, smiling back.

“Levy? Sure. Where is she?”

“I’ll go get her,” Juvia said before returning back to the house.

Lucy waited for her bestfriend.

She sat on one of the white metal chairs, playing with the red rose on her hand. Careful not to get pricked.

“Lu?” a gentle voice made Lucy look up.

Levy was looking at her with sad eyes. She looked guilty. But about what?

“What’s wrong, Levy? Sit down,” the blond said as she gestured to one of the chairs.

“I need to talk to you ab-about something,” she said, sitting on the chair.

“About what?”

“I-I ummm..about the uhh…” Levy started but she couldn’t say what’s next.

She was intimidated with Lucy staring at her.

“Something wrong?” Lucy asked sounding worried.

Levy looked at her and breathed in heavily.

“I’m sorry about keeping the secret from you. We’re bestfriends but I didn’t tell you. I know you must hate me now, but I thought it would be better if Natsu told you,” she said, her blue hair curling down as she looked at her hands on her lap.

“Levy…-“

“I was just minding my own world one time when I unintentionally heard everyone discussing the same thing. You know, business. Natsu eventually went mad when I told him that I already knew everything. But I told him I would never do anything that could harm you. After I said that, he trusted me,” Levy continued, “He really loves you Lucy” she stared back to the blond with gentle eyes.

“So that’s how I found out…and I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”

Lucy stared at her. She never hated anyone when she discovered they were keeping a huge secret from her, not even Levy.

She stood up and walked towards the blue-haired, holding her hand as she knelt in front of her.

“Lucy what are you doing? Get up!” Levy said, trying to get Lucy to stand up.

“Levy” she said, stopping her friend from moving.

“I don’t hate you. I don’t hate anyone. What’s happened in the past is in the past now” Lucy said smiling, “besides, I also have something to apologize to you about.”

Levy looked at her with a confused face as Lucy stood up, still holding her hand.

“I’m sorry for shouting at you that night. I was... I just got carried away by the heat of the moment, y’know.”

“You silly girl!” Levy said as she stood up and hugged her, “there’s nothing to be sorry about. We’re bestfriends!”

Lucy smiled as they embraced each other.

“I know, Levy. I know.”

.

.

“So how does it feel?” Levy asked.

“What?” Lucy turned to her.

They were now strolling around the cherry blossom tree garden. Both barefoot as they walked along the grass.

“Now that you know that you are the wife of a very powerful man, enemies could possibly make you a target. How do you feel about it?”

Lucy smiled as she looked ahead of her, to the never ending line of trees.

“As long as I have everyone beside me, I feel like nothing can go wrong. I feel like I’ve come to love him even more, now that I know everything…all of him. I feel like I’m completely involved with him now. I love it,” she said with a smile, “I love him.”

Levy looked at her. Just by her smile, she could tell she was in love. Madly in love with Natsu.

“And if something bad happened to him, I would lose it.”

Lucy’s smile disappeared.

“I will never forgive anyone who’ll hurt the Family,” Lucy said as she stopped on her tracks and looked Levy in the eyes, “Anyone who hurts my husband is a dead person to me.”

Levy stared back at her. Her brown orbs were different. She saw both sweetness and power in them. There was a part of Lucy that became stronger. She looked so innocent, but scary at the same time.

“His friends are my friends.

But his enemies…are my enemies, too.” Lucy finished.

That very moment, Levy saw something in her.

She was just like Natsu. Only he was stronger, more powerful, and more superior.

No doubt with her as The Wife and him as The Don, they were the strongest family in Japan.

.