★ Chapter 11: The Unbearable Shame ★

Work had quickly flew by as the closing of the bar came with the arrival of night.

Grillby sighed, sitting next to Sans on a stool where he then began counting money earned on that same day.

"You okay? You've been acting awful strange..." Grillby asked, his eyes focused on the money as he kept on counting.

"yeah... i'm fine. i just feel exhausted." Sans lied with a bit of guilt, looking down beneath his feet at the wooden floor.

Grillby groaned frustratedly and slammed the money in his hands against the counter.

"Sans, please do not lie. I'm here for you. I can help." He looked at Sans.

"i appreciate your concern, i really do, but i have to go. i have an important meeting with someone, sorry."

"Oh..." Grillby looked down, his flames dimming out.

"hey, grillbz... don't worry about me, i seriously am fine. heh. i love how much you care about me, you're an amazing person. you're the best." Sans consoled, giving Grillby a soft hug.

The elemental smiled.

"Thanks." he ever so slightly blushed.

"Well, good luck with that meeting of yours." He optimistically gave Sans a thumbs up.

Sans nodded and gave his goodbye before exiting the bar and short cutting to his house where he rapidly went into action.

The short skeleton frantically undressed and changed into a more casual, but elegant-ish clothing attire.

It was a simple white button up shirt with some jeans.

'This sure is gonna be a hell of experience', he thought in dismay as he glared at his reflection from the mirror.

Part of him believed he should have said something about this to Grillby, but at the same time, he was scared in every sense to do so.

He was scared—scared that Grillby might get too involved, assume he actually wants something with Christopher due to the 'secret date', or even worse,  that his well being was put at risk.

With hesitance, the skeleton let out a deep exhale and short cutted to the park.

—•ღ•—

For a while, Sans walked around in the park under the dark night.

No stars could be seen, it simply was dark—only a faint outline of the crescent moon was seen beneath the many clouds covering it.

Sans looked around, trying to make out the familiar silhouette of the man he was about to meet up with.

Though it was normal for monsters and humans to meet up at places like this, Sans remained discreet and kept searching.

Eventually, he spotted the man sitting on a bench next to a street light.

"Oh hello, Sansy! Glad you could make it. You nearly were about to piss me off; you were about to be late." He tapped the watch on his wrist as he uncrossed his legs.

Sans simply stayed quiet and scowled.

Chris furrowed his eyebrows, indicating he expected a response.

"oh yeah. sorry about that." Sans unapologetically sighed.

"Shall we go for a walk?" Chris asked for Sans' hand.

Sans rolled his eyes and abruptly took Chris' hand.

"sure. why not? it's not like i have a choice." Sans spat.

Chris chuckled.

The two walked in silence for a few minutes, holding hands.

"Isn't this just nice and relaxing? This could be us in our every encounter. Rather than  fighting, I believe this would be a better option. Now, let us take a seat and talk now that we are settled." Chris calmly sat on a bench and patted his knees, signaling Sans to come and sit on them.

"no way in hell" Sans firmly refused with disgust.

"Come. Here." Chris strictly ordered, firmly pointing at where he wanted Sans to take a seat at.

"no." Sans repeated.

Without a word, Chris grabbed Sans' arm with a fierce grip.

"let go of me!" Sans furiously whispered.

"Then just go along with what I tell you to do and stop making a scene out of the two of us!" Chris raised his voice angrily.

As a self defense instinct, Sans was about to hit Chris with magical attack when all of a sudden, the unexpected took place.

He felt something thin, but sharp, being stabbed into his lower spine.

"what—"

"Don't you ever—You hear me?!—try using​ your putrid monster magic against me ever again!" Chris buried the needle deeper he'd just used on Sans.

Sans felt nauseated.

He could feel his strength dissipate as his magic was being neutralized to an extent.

All the magic was left was the one he needed to survive.

"w-what did you do to me? were you planning to use that thing on me all along?!" Sans' voice quivered with fright, as he took the needle out and threw it to the ground.

Taking a few steps backwards, he fell to the ground with the loss of his balance.

"You see, Comic Sans, the thing about me—I always come with an objective. You are one of the most powerful monsters in the Underground, maybe even the strongest when it comes to magic. However, without it, you are nothing but a weak pile of shit. Did you really expect me to think you wouldn't try to FIGHT me?" Chris victoriously got on his feet and laughed.

Sans tried to attack but nothing happened.

"Good luck with that, love. You're adorable." he began walking away and faded into the shadows of the night.

He was gone.

Groaning in pain, Sans crawled and dragged himself closer to the bench and leaned on it, resting his aching body on it.

After catching his breath, the skeleton shakily pushed himself up and sat on the bench.

This night had been worse than expected.

He couldn't call Papyrus for many reasons, and he didn't really have someone else to call for help other than Grillby.

Slowly, Sans gained enough courage to dial the numbers into his phone and called.

"Hey Sans." Grillby picked up quickly.

"g-grillbz... would you come pick me up at the park?" He faintly managed to say.

"Sans, what happened? Are you okay?" Grillby asked with concern.

"just come please..." Sans' eye sockets teared up.

"Okay. I'll be there in five. Stay wherever you are." he hung up.

The shame was unbearable.

—•ღ•—

Edit of November 24, 2017:

Edits were massive on this one, I really enjoyed editing this chapter. I think it's one of my favorites now.

Don't forget to leave comments!