September 6 (Part 2)

The mud wrestling competition was going strong and Lauren stood by the door leading to the makeshift arena, which really meant she was standing at the coat room watching two lesbians fight it out in a large blowup pool that had been filled with mud. Lauren wasn't really sure how they were going to determine a winner, as there didn't seem to be any actual winning going on, just a ten minute alarm signalling the fight was over and wo girls covered in mud would stand up and shake hands and go off in opposite directions towards their friends and the odd time the two fighters would head towards the bar, together. Sometimes, most times, someone would have to find their bikini top that had been pulled off during the fight before they actually got to leave the muddy area. No one fought more than once and there had already been nine sets of fights, leaving Lauren as the last one to enter into the muddy pool. She watched as two woman who worked at The Rainbow Rug refilled the pool with a few buckets of mud, which had been revealed as mass amounts of chocolate pudding, just as they did every time a fight ended and Lauren laughed to herself and realized exactly why it had been so easy for Hannah to help her get pudding in bulk quantities during her brief prank-off with Dinah Jane. Wringing her hands nervously, Lauren wondered what she had gotten herself into. Some of the woman who had entered the competition were much bigger than her and that alone scared Lauren half to death, though she would never admit this fact out loud. The only thing keeping her calm was the simple fact that she knew Hannah and Ally had been in charge of pitting opponents against one another and she silently prayed to Allysus that the two had picked her a fairly even match. (Even though in Lauren's mind Allysus was long gone, probably tied up in a basement somewhere, replaced by Allysin.)

Waiting for Ally to enter once more, to announce Lauren and her unknown opponent, Lauren took time to actually look around the club, because honestly, the only think Lauren had been looking at for the last two hours were woman, bikinis and boobs. She felt guilty for a minute, until she watched a tall blonde haired woman in her mid twenties, dressed in a bikini walk by Camila, chocolate brown eyes glued to the woman's backside and the guilt Lauren had been feeling washed away completely. Camila was looking, so she could look too, as long as there was no touching done by either girl and those they were checking out shamelessly. No harm, no foul. The club was actually really amazing, in Lauren's mind at least. There were booths lining the walls, the fabric of the seats in different colours making the lineup look like a rainbow when you were standing back, the dance floor was huge, currently covered with pudding mud and a blowup pool, but it was black wood and scuffed up from high heels and Doc Martens that paraded around it every Friday and Saturday night. There was a long bar on one wall, occupied with Hannah and two others behind it. She had briefly been introduced to Hannah's two best friends, Grace and Mamrie, both bartenders like Hannah, though Mamrie was also the owner of the club. There were poles to dance on and large black boxes set up around the club, for dancing as well she realized as she watched a few woman climb on top of them, grinding against one another as the music pulsed through the space. There was a stage for the DJ and the walls were white with graffiti, giving the club an edgy look when the black lights and strobe lights turned on, dancing with the beat of whatever the DJ happened to be spinning at the time. It was simple and it was amazing, flags to represent the different LGBTQ groups hanging from the ceiling. It was a safe space and Lauren loved it. 

There was announcement, something about Ally having to step out to handle some business and a replacement for the MC being on her way out shortly that caught Lauren's attention and brought her mind back to the moment rather than the decor and she scanned the crowd, her eyes falling on Camila who was already looking back. She watched as Camila took a sip of her drink that Mamrie had made, giving her after a warning about underage drinking and taking it slow, because Mamrie didn't want to get in trouble for serving to minors, but since she was a friend of Hannah's, she was going to let it slide. Camila waved and Lauren waved back and then the music lowered and the lights dimmed, a single spotlight hitting the spot in front of the pool.