Twenty One

The amount of times that "Do you love the Wattpad App" notice comes up....and I press no accidentally.. 😤😤

I feel so guilty.

Eliana's POV

We were in a closet.

I was pressed against the wall of a broom cupboard as Harry stood in front of me. He caged me in with his hands placed on either side of me and he stood there with a mischievous smirk on his face. I, on the other hand, stood there with wide eyes and a shortage of breath.

I was just on my way to go check up on Cimone when he unexpectedly pulled me in.

"What?" I whispered. He smirked and leaned in to press a kiss to the corner of my mouth.

Oh....

"Harry, I have to go check up on Celine," I murmured, trying to push him away. He grumbled and moved his hands to wrap around my waist before he pressed me against him.

"She can wait," he whispered. His lips grazed my earlobe and I gasped as he kissed a spot right underneath my ear. I felt my eyes closing as he continued to pepper small kisses along my face and down my neck.

At the same time though, I didn't know how to react. I mean, we had never done anything like this before. It would always be just small pecks or long kisses when we were in private. We'd never kissed each other's necks before but if I'm honest, it felt amazing.

I brought my hands up to wrap around his neck as he leant down to continue his assault on my neck, and I saw the bright engagement ring sitting on my finger. I smiled at the very sight of it.

We were engaged. Finally.

I was so happy when it happened.

*

"Alright everyone," Reynold declared, "it's time for the event of the night. May I please call up my son and Princess Eliana for the engagement?"

Harry nudged me and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "that sounds so fake when he says it like that, no?"

I chuckled and let him pull me towards the King. I watched him as he did; his eyes were bright and happy and although he wasn't smiling, you could tell he radiated happiness.

I just hope it was because of me.

I knew I was falling in love with him, there was no question. But I didn't want to have to fall in love with him, not knowing if he'd be there to catch me. Every day, I could feel myself falling deeper and deeper in love with him. And it scared me.

We walked to stand in front of the crowd and Reynold handed us the boxes that contained our rings.

"Here are your rings, let us continue with your engagement," he cheered. The crowd began to clap as Harry opened up his box and took out his ring. I opened mine as well, looking out at the crowd shyly. I spotted Niall in the crowd who smirked and gave me a thumbs up before pretending to swoon at the sight of Harry. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back on Harry who was already smiling at me.

"Ready," he asked, "there's no going back."

I snorted and moved closer to him and took his left hand in my own. I moved the ring on his proper finger and I let him do the same to me. He smiled at me as the guests began to clap and applaud us. As I was smiling and nodding my gratitude to the guests, Harry suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door.

Laughter erupted as Harry ran out of the ballroom with me in tow. I laughed along and smiled as I heard his laugh echo mine. We ran until we reached the gardens. He pulled us along silently as he intertwined our hands.