A Month To Live (36)

Bradley had to drive a lot slower than usual because of the heavy amount of rain. I didn't blame him. I wasn't a nervous driver really but it was pretty torrential out and even I'd be a bit worried.

I glanced over at him as I squeezed some water out of my hair. His own hair was sticking up in a cute messy mind of way and I could see droplets sliding down his neck. It wasn't hard to admit he looked pretty hot with his t-shirt sticking to his chest like that.

'You look freezing,' I said as my teeth chattered.

'Says the one whose lips are turning blue,' he replied, sparing me a short look before turning his eyes back to the road.

'They aren't blue.'

'You'll get a cold,' he said. 'Get the blanket out.'

'Good idea,' I said, reaching into the backseat and rooting through his backpack.

'Hurry up, you're making me nervous,' Bradley said as I finally retrieved the picnic blanket.

'Okay don't have a breakdown,' I laughed.

I shook the blanket out before turning and narrowing my eyes at him slightly.

'Keep your eyes on the road, mister!' I wanted him. I was teasing really. He was far too much of a gentleman to look.

'They were anyway!' he exclaimed.

'Well, keep them there,' I laughed as I unzipped my jacket.

I quickly shrugged it off and shivered as I dropped it to the floor of the car. I peeled my top off then and tossed that on the floor too before wrapping the blanket around my shoulders tightly. It was certainly better than nothing.

'All done,' I informed him. He made a noise that he'd heard but didn't reply. 'Your poor car is going to be soaked,' I added with a frown.

'Better than us being soaked,' Bradley shrugged.

'But we are soaked,' I laughed, slipping one of my arms free from the blanket and gathering my wet hair to one side.

'I could have left you out in the rain,' he pointed out.

'You wouldn't have,' I said with a dramatic gasp.

'Wouldn't I?' he smirked.

'You wouldn't dare.'

'I wouldn't if you were nice to me for once,' he said.

'I'm always nice to you!'

'When was the last time?' he snorted.

'I let you use me as a mattress an hour ago!' I informed him.

'Well, you can use me as a mattress anytime,' he laughed.

'I'll take you up on that,' I smiled before tightening the blanket around me and leaning over the short gap between us. I rested my head against his shoulder.

'You're not supposed to distract the driver, remember,' he told me sternly, but I felt his cheek brush my head affectionately.

'I'm not distracting you, I'm sleeping,' I said with a yawn. 'It'd be better if you were warm instead of freezing though!' I added, slapping his chest. I laughed at the wet splatting sound it made.

'I'll be warm when we get home so you can use me then too,' he said with a smirk.

'And who said I was going to your house?' I questioned him.

'I say.'

'It would be better if we were skipping school tomorrow,' I sighed.

'We probably will end up doing that anyway if you're round mine,' he pointed out.