50: Corrupted Nation | 3 |

When the moon was high above the reign of the night, Kiel was at a place full of unsophisticated individuals. Smoke and alcohol mixed in together with most of the members' breath. If a lady happened to join them, she would not last very long until her expected collapse. He simply steeled his guts as well as his consciousness as he was willed through the crowd. He wondered how anyone could possibly endure such torture for the nose.

Raul directed Kiel to a smaller room with only three people inside. Relief awash Kiel's handsome features. He couldn't handle the smell, and he wished he was gone from the place as soon as possible. However, being put in a room with less people helped incredibly with his sensitive nose. With his usual accommodating smile, he greeted the people sitting at a rectangular wooden table. "Greetings, Sirs. I'm Kiel and I'm here to let you know that I am willing to assist you in your plans."

Looking worriedly at him, Raul hastily turned to his subordinates. "Kiel is one of Duke Dean Fang's sons...." He said nervously. 

The three unknown individuals immediately expressed their concern. One had a frown, the other had on a fearful gaze, while the third simply looked on Kiel more intently. Curious, Kiel inquired for their names.

The first to introduce himself was the one who had a stronger gaze on Kiel. He stood up and gave a curt bow. "Ahmad Bachchan.... lord?"

"Ah... No need for formality. I'm here to be friends with you guys." Kiel replied with a smile while encouraging the others to provide their names as well. And as followed, "Abhinav Dhananjay" and "Farid Hasan" introduced themselves thereafter.

"What role can I play in this rebellion of yours?" Asked Kiel without restraint. 

Ahmad, Abhinav and Farid have noticed Kiel's lax mannerism. Although they they couldn't deny how dangerous he made them feel. Following their gut feeling, Ahmad begun explaining.

"If you have been to---"

"No, I have not. So please, enlighten me." Rude he might have appeared, it gave haste to idle talks. As Kiel requested, Ahmad nodded in understanding, and once again begun.

"Sabio have been working in silence for the past several years. They have earned expensive knowledge on medicine, poison, armaments, magic and unknown experiments concerning beasts and spirits.

"What we know is that their magic is comparable to what the people of Sabrina educate their people with. While beasts and spirits experiments remain foreign in our intelligence. However, we have some spies inform us that several powerful beasts have been transported to different places. We have yet to receive any feedback as every group we sent to investigate the abnormal occurrence never return.

"Details on slavery and underground organizations will have to be explained by Farid, please." As he urged so, Farid gave a respectful bow towards Kiel. He seemed rather nervous than most of his peers, but everyone else ignored his antics as if it was normal. Kiel, however, was not that careless.

With Kiel's approving nod, Farid begun his report, "T-the Affirmati Creed have been in constant contact with an outside s-s-source... My subordinates h-have confirmed that it was coming from within S-s-sabrina... 

"T-th-there is I-O-U as well that h-h-handles t-the b-b-black m-mark--"

Farid was silenced in the middle of his speech upon seeing Kiel's hand in the air. The two men looked at one another intently. But the one who broke the competition was Kiel with a sigh.

"You are on drugs." He muttered as a matter of fact. "What kind of rebels are you to allow a drug addict to take care of an important matter such as this? Was all you said credible?" He queried, his tone cold and prying. 

Silence visited the crowd for a brief moment only to be killed by Kiel's sudden commanding tone. "I want this man locked. If you cannot vouch for his legibility then all of you should be damned."

His words harsh, everyone felt even more nervous. Despite their long time of service in secrecy simply to overthrow Sabio's current ruling, they didn't seem capable of handling someone like Kiel. His words made sense, and they felt like children playing with adults in a society.

"Wake up. How serious are you leaders of this rebellion?" His previous statement unanswered, he immediately posed a query. "Do you people understand what a war is? How bad a civil war is? And how devastating a world war is?!" His voice growing louder and louder, Kiel demanded answers that he didn't expect any from the men before him.

With apparent silence, Kiel continued with an exasperated sigh. "You fail, lives will be wasted for nothing. A war means people will go hunger. Slaves will die for a promise of freedom nobody... none of you will ever be able to grant.

"Land will be grazed for nothing. For several years or maybe more, people will suffer from environmental changes. With changes on the ruling faction, civilians will be left disarrayed. What do you think happens when things are not handled properly?" He queried to the people before him, his tone similar to a father asking a simple question to his child.

But none answered. Kiel was once again left to scrutinize such self-made rebellion that had no plans for after their conquest. He could, however, see the men ponder his words in silence with their brows furrowed. But to Kiel, such reactions were a show of arrogance.

"You are nowhere serious about this whole business of rebellion. 

"What? 

"How did you even spend so much time gathering this intelligence and not even stopping slavery from spreading?!" Kiel's anger was now apparent. He did not expect to encounter a group so disappointing on his first search for allies.

With silence, Kiel's anger was not quenched. "Speak... What do you people have to say?"

His voice demeaning but demanding, Raul, Ahmad, Abhinav and the shaking Farid were stunned. They never thought of anyone, as young as Kiel, to lecture them about life values. They only ever thought of killing the people who are responsible for Sabio's current impending doom. Nothing else, nothing more. 

During their operations, they let others who were willing to join up with their cause without thinking of the bigger picture. After Kiel's words left his mouth and into their ears, they were suddenly anxious of their actions. They knew, of course, that if they went through their revolution, there would be a war of sort. But not exactly the casualties involved. They were not politically minded people, neither were they educated. They could only do whatever they could with their life experiences.

Despite their lack of insight, they could understand where Kiel was looking at. They truly were just daydreaming and playing hide and seek with adults.

"Have you come up with an answer yet?" After giving the four men ample of time to think things through, Kiel once again, threw a question in the air.

"What do you suggest we do?" Asked Ahmad with his exhausted features. He was completely defeated by Kiel's overwhelming charisma.

"Submit everything you have to me. Accept my terms, if not, your little rebellion will be gone by tomorrow. And you can say goodbye to your friends in the process." His grey eyes glint with determination and honest cruelty, the men were left to respond with a gulp, sweating profusely. 

The men knew they couldn't go against someone from a Fang household anyway. What else was there to do?