xiii. congratulations, you played yourself

To ensure that you receive the full brunt of this chapter and just for you to feel what Ashley is experiencing in the moment, I truly suggest playing the video that come along with it. Its Vivaldi's Four Seasons (Spring). Which is an incredible and iconic piece of music that might only be rivaled by Fur Elise, the 9th Symphony and the Moonlight Sonata (yes, I'm a nerd get off my back).  

Vote! Comment! Your feedback and support is what wills me to write. I loved your response last chapter, and I'm looking for that same, or better response this chapter. Thank you :)

xiii. congratulations, you played yourself

Classical music poured out like a broken dam when Reece parted his front doors

Notes, as sharp as knives cut my ear, and the ears of everyone else beside me. 

He stood at the entrance for a moment, back straight as a ruler, hands glued to the either side of the twin doors. His head shifted from left to and then to the right, as if someone had aimed a slow-mo button at him.

That or time as I knew it had dissolved.

"Reece?" I called to him.

"Is that classical music?" Pete asked, next to me. I eyed him. He looked down at his ripped jeans and buttoned up plaid, orange shirt, or so he told me it was. "I'm not dressed for classical music."

"I wasn't aware that this was a black tie party," Nikko murmured to me. He was also dressed more urban than anything.

"It wasn't," I mumbled. "Reece?" I called again.

This time he turned around and his face was ghost-white, eyes twitching, lips not deciding if they wanted to frown, smile or jump off of his face altogether. 

He said nothing. He just turned back around, using the right door as support and peered into his home again.

"Why is classical music playing, if this isn't a black tie party?" Liza asked. "You know what," she growled and stepped up the stairs and approached her brother.

"It's not classical, actually," Kenzie said on the left of me. "It's before the classical period."

I – we – all stared over. Kenzie blinked a few times. "It's Vivaldi's Four Seasons that's playing," he said.

I blinked now.

"It's spring that's playing," he continued. "Concerto in E Major. Allegro is about to end, it seems."