And No One Died?

Chapter 36 -Myrnin's POV- And No One Died?

What the hell?

I stood in front of the closet, confused by the odd assortment of styles of clothing. I slid shirt after shirt to the side, visually inspecting each one, hoping to find something suitable to wear.

A small moan stole my complete attention and I snapped my head around to look at Claire on the bed. She stretched and groggily opened her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry...did I wake you?" Releasing the hangers free from my grip, I turned to face Claire.

She ignored my question. "What time is it?"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and tapped the screen. "A little after 1:00 pm".

"Where did you get a cell phone?"

I shrugged, "I'll give her that - she's efficient."

Claire stared at me as she put the pieces together. "'She' can only mean one person. So, Amelie got you a phone and brought it back sometime during the night?"

I grinned, "Ten in the morning, hardly counts as last night, but yes."

"And you didn't fight anyone? And no one died?"

I rolled my eyes. "Thankfully, she sent over someone other than that buffoon, she kept for company last night. I think his name was Michael."

"Michael was here?!"

The alarm in her voice caused me to tilt my head inquisitively at her. "Yes....?" I drew out the word, waiting for her to explain.

"Oh...well. It's just that...He likes you, really he does..." she stuttered.

"And...?" I prodded.

"You might have tried to eat him...once or twice..." she said quickly, gauging my reaction.

"Yeah, that sounds like me." I laughed. "Is there anyone here that I haven't tried to kill," I asked offhandedly.

Claire stopped and struggled to come up with an answer. "Um...."

"Ha! Really?" I laughed again. "Brilliant! Everyone already knows me, then. Of course, it is a bit unnerving. I feel like I am having one of those dreams where I am walking around naked, while everyone else stares at me."

Claire blushed slightly.

"Are you picturing that now?" My smile widened. "You would know exactly what that looks like, wouldn't you," I purred, appreciating the way the blush deepened over her cheekbones.

She threw a pillow at me.

I was enjoying myself way too much to stop now. "I would be happy to show you the real thing...you know, to jog your memory," I said suggestively as I unbuttoned my shirt.

"Stop!" She looked a little out of breath. "No...We need to put clothes on and get to work...."

"Work can wait. First, we are going shopping."

"I'm sorry...what?!" She looked at me like I had three heads.

"Shopping..." I turned my attention back to the closet. "You can't possibly expect me to go out in any of this? I think I'd rather go naked."

"Really?" Claire looked at me with wide eyes.

I didn't want to upset her by saying anything negative about the man who filled this closet with non-sense clothing. Hell, Amelie's Court Jester and I would be a matching pair, if I wore anything I found in here. Instead, I quickly replied, "Yes. Now jump out of bed so we can go."