Memory Lane

Chapter 50 –Claire's POV– Memory Lane

Claire trembled, a sure sign of her waning control, as he advanced on her. Keep it together, she told herself harshly. She needed to think. With something other than her hormones. If she was going to make the right decision.

Myrnin's eyes glittered wickedly, almost black pupils speckled with white hot intention. His physique was lithe as he stole the distance between them. Muscles rippling fluidly through his sleek gait, more like a feral tiger, than a man. He licked his lips. A hungry tiger, Claire noted. But all man.

Anticipation lapped at her thighs, knowing every inch of what his clothing kept hidden. Shit. Now she was picturing him naked. She had to stop! Before it was too late. Claire tried to keep her chest from heaving as adrenaline pushed with seductive violence through her veins, causing her heartbeat to echo slightly in her head, perfectly timed with her throbbing pulse.

He stopped within inches of her, his eyes dancing as he waited. She knew he was listening. Listening and tasting the unspoken needs and desires her body was telling him. Probably more like shouting at him, Claire thought, chagrined that she could never hide from him. Never keep her emotions secret. Instead she knew she was laid bare to him. His soft chuckled confirmed it as he reached up to stroke her cheek.

Claire braced herself as she felt small fireworks collide inside her belly at his touch.

This was getting dangerous.

Who was she kidding? It had become lethal the moment he had stepped through the time portal. She fought to gather every scrap of strength she could muster, to refocus her attention away from his chest... And his stomach... And his... Claire felt her wayward mind traveling down his aggressive figure. And was shocked when a small whine escaped from the back of her throat. Shit, shit, shit! There was no way he missed that. If she didn't get a grip and get it quickly, she was going to be begging him to take her.

"I'm not ready," she stuttered, "To decide."

"I know," he murmured, bringing his head down to nuzzle along her neck. His sure hands slipped under the hem of her shirt, teasing lightly along her waist. His touch was impossibly gentle, but at the same time, it seared a path along her skin as his fingertips pulled the heat from inside of her to the surface.

"Close your eyes," he commanded huskily. His tone left no room for disagreement. Claire's eyelids fluttered shut.

Myrnin's hypnotic voice began again, "Ask me what I'm thinking."

"What...are you thinking?" she breathed.

"Stars..." he murmured.

Claire's heartbeat began to race as vivid memories coursed through her. Walking through the night with him to Hotel Elysium. Gazing out of the glass ceiling of the Theatre of Blood while he danced and chattered with unrestrained excitement and love for his long lost city. Swimming in the moonlight. His marriage proposal.

"Very good," he encouraged her silkily.

"Oh," she gasped as she felt him enter her mind, replacing her thoughts and memories with his own, and suddenly she saw herself through his eyes. Felt what he felt, that night, as he watched her lift, completely naked, from the glorious marble tub. Her belly tightened as she relived his moments when he had memorized the shape of her breasts and the gentle contour of her hips, seeing her creamy skin through the crystal clarity of his eyes. She inhaled sharply as he revealed the fantasies that had overcome him in that moment - picking up her naked wet body and sliding into her, kissing her hungrily while he carried her back to the bed.