My Sweet Little Canary

Chapter 51 –Her Myrnin's POV– My Sweet Little Canary

I didn't think it was possible. To love her more than I already did. She had walked innocently into my life with her big doe eyes and even bigger feisty attitude. Never taking shit from me. She made me so damn hot when she stood up to me, her expression fierce, but a slight quivering in her tiny little body exposing her fear.

And her fear had made me come undone – I had to have her. I just knew the succulent taste of her on my tongue would send every nerve in my body into a frenzied ecstasy. But, in some unfathomable and unnatural way, she had always pulled me back from the edge. From the monster I loved – and hated – inside.

I hadn't planned to sleep with her tonight. In fact, I had determined not to. I knew it wasn't the right time with so many things undecided. I had just wanted to show her that I never forgot her – let her actually feel what she did to me, and experience the power she held over me.

It was excruciating and exquisite to watch her hands glide down her body, like mine ached to do. She had no inhibitions; she just let me be with her; shared her arousal without a hint of self-consciousness, or even a second thought. She kept me locked in her gaze and somehow I felt more connected to her in that moment, than if I had been inside of her.

As I watched Claire pleasure herself, a slight sheen of sweat coated her skin, her brown hair disheveled charmingly around her face, I thought my heart might break at the beauty of her. It wasn't her actions that got to me...it was her eyes. Those eyes that challenged me, laughed with me and frequently sparked furiously at me. But now, her eyes shone with such an overwhelming amount of trust and love, it made me want to weep.

I felt her body get close to the edge and couldn't take it anymore. I entered her mind and shocked her system as I compelled heat from her core, and brought her the rest of the way. Her eyes swam with desire and pleasure and utter happiness as she cried out my name.

As her heart relaxed its frantic beat back to normal, I slid behind her to hold her in my arms. She was just about asleep when I saw it begin. My body seemed to automatically sit up, without thinking. What in the hell was he doing? There was no way this could end well.

1409 Myrnin had compelled seven guards at once. Impressive, I noted reluctantly. If the situation had not been so dire, I would have thought the looks on their faces funny, as they appeared shocked as they casually opened the locking mechanisms so he could walk freely out the front door. Amelie must not be in the building. He had probably been waiting for her to leave. Smart. It's what I would have done.

"What?!" Claire choked out, "What's happening?!"

"He just broke out of jail," I hissed, my tone shorter than what I intended.

"What?! How?! Is he coming here?"

With the promise of freedom ahead, I anticipated my answer to be yes, but was surprised when he had suddenly shifted low and darted back toward the building, moving at incredible speed. Shit, there was only one reason he would react like that. He had to have smelled something. Or someone. In less than a fraction of a second, I felt the earth shattering impact in my bones as his body curled around the form of a very large vampire, with a bald head. Oh no. I knew this vampire. I had seen him through my alter-ego's eyes. He was one of the two who attacked Eve and that could only mean one thing – his allegiance was to Anwyn.

I couldn't stop the short gasp that released from my throat, "No. He's... hunting Anwyn."

"He can't!" Claire cried.

"Wait," I murmured, "I need to focus..."

Claire held her breath next to me. I had learned to somewhat 'tune out' my other timeline over the years, in an effort to keep my sanity and reality straight. But now, I pushed every ounce of mental strength I had, to watch the drama unfold.